John Piper gives his stance on birth control

  • Thread starter Thread starter bzkoss236
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bzkoss236

Guest
youtube.com/watch?v=enkIK6Wqqdk

In this video, Protestant pastor and evangelist, John Piper gives his stance on birth control.
He doesn’t go into real detail about contraceptives in general, but he does say that if the birth control destroys the fertilized egg it is wrong.

He then goes into discussing Paul advocating celibacy for the sake of salvation and, in my opinion, inadvertently gives credence for celibacy in the priesthood. I figure this might be a good video to show my future mother-in-law about a stance on birth control and celibacy from a Protestant perspective (that lines up somewhat with Catholic theology :-P).

Any thoughts on the video?
 
I think it is a great video! I hope it helps her:).

I know my Lutheran synod is against contraceptives, but it is unfortunately not talked about a lot. Perhaps they do in pre-marriage counseling, but I had to do some research to find their official stance a few years ago. But I am thankful our synod’s leaders are also standing against the HHS mandate, which is furthering the conversation about contraceptives.

However, I think all non-Catholics need to have a stronger stance against contraceptives.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top