Jokes about Christ

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kronk
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kronk

Guest
Hey all, Ive noticed I tend to make a few jokes about Christ, but I end up immediately thinking “yknow what actually probably I shouldnt say that” nothing serious but like Jesus just comes out of the cave like “hey wassup boys”

I know that of course it isnt good to joke, thankfully I have that tendency to just not like it when I do that, but in my scrupulousness I of course come to the question “is it sinful?” so I figure here would be a good spot to ask, what are the lines? what actually counts as something worth an act of contrition vs a full confession?

God Bless
 
I figure here would be a good spot to ask
I mean this with all kindness (as I know tone can be hard to get through online 🙂 ) but actually, here is not a good place for you to ask. What you should do is speak with your Priest about your scruples and ask him or a Spiritual Director to help you. CAF is often one of the worst places for people struggling with scruples to come because we here are only other people with opinions. Inadvertently, others may make your scruples worse. Or CAF may become the first port of call for you when you’re struggling with scruples, and this should really be someone offline who knows you and can help.

So my advice to you is to talk to your Priest 🙂
 
Easy, like any sin, confess it and resolve not to do in future

Your soul will grow to hate anything that might offend him. (personal experience)

If doubtful think about making a joke about our blessed Mother.

Not good
 
Last edited:
I believe God loves to hear us laugh. Besides bringing some joy to our day, these kind of jokes actually remind us of who is in charge.
God bless us, every one! 🙏😆🙏😆🙏✝️
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top