L
Leopard3
Guest
I have several friends who are not Catholic. Many of them consider themselves agnostic. They love to say things like this:
“When I die, and have to stand before whatever creator may or may not exist, I hope I will be judged on my ACTIONS while I was live, and not how much I sat in church. I want to be judged on how good I was to people and how I always tried to help those who were down.”
Now, in theory, it’s a nice thought. I have one friend in particular who is the one of the kindest, most generous people I know. She’ll do anything for anybody. But she is agnostic. That can’t be healthy for her or her soul, right…?
How do you respond to someone like that? What would you say to someone if they said these words to you?
I’ve always believed that simply “doing good” is not enough…
I’d appreciate any feedback or comments.
Thanks.
“When I die, and have to stand before whatever creator may or may not exist, I hope I will be judged on my ACTIONS while I was live, and not how much I sat in church. I want to be judged on how good I was to people and how I always tried to help those who were down.”
Now, in theory, it’s a nice thought. I have one friend in particular who is the one of the kindest, most generous people I know. She’ll do anything for anybody. But she is agnostic. That can’t be healthy for her or her soul, right…?
How do you respond to someone like that? What would you say to someone if they said these words to you?
I’ve always believed that simply “doing good” is not enough…
I’d appreciate any feedback or comments.
Thanks.