Jury Returns Death Sentence in GI Killings

• Thread starter Thread starter gilliam
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
gilliam said:
**Jury Returns Death Sentence in GI Killings **

A military jury sentenced a soldier to death Thursday for a deadly grenade and rifle attack on his own comrades during the opening days of the Iraq invasion, a barrage that prosecutors said was triggered by religious extremism.

Religious extremism? Death is the standard punishment, and has been for years, for mutiny during conflict. Someone doesn’t know their history.

40.png
Scott_Lafrance:
Religious extremism? Death is the standard punishment, and has been for years, for mutiny during conflict. Someone doesn’t know their history.
I think they mean the GI’s reason for the grenade attack was due to religious extremism, not the death penalty imposed.

I am against the death penalty, just my personal opinion. However if it should ever be imposed it is in cases like his where a soldier turns against his comrads. What he did was despicable and there is religious reason for it.

40.png
Scott_Lafrance:
Death is the standard punishment, and has been for years, for mutiny during conflict. Someone doesn’t know their history.
Might be “standard,” but when was the last time it was imposed?

It’s likely the sentence will be commuted to a life sentence by the time all the appeals are over, and that’ll be a decade or more from now.

40.png
Richardols:
Might be “standard,” but when was the last time it was imposed?

It’s likely the sentence will be commuted to a life sentence by the time all the appeals are over, and that’ll be a decade or more from now.
the military still imposes hard labor as well. Personally, I think they should release this guy at Combat Infantry School at Camp Pendleton and let the Marines take care of him.

LOL…Scott…you always crack me up.
40.png
Scott_Lafrance:
the military still imposes hard labor as well. Personally, I think they should release this guy at Combat Infantry School at Camp Pendleton and let the Marines take care of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back