Just a GREAT story to help strengthen your faith

• Thread starter Thread starter ukdal1
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
U

ukdal1

My 8 year old son is in RCIA and there are several other kids in class with him. One of the children is fairly young and her older sister (named Katie) who is about 13-14 or so, is her peer companion. Week before last they went to the Eucharistic Adoration chapel to kind of show the children the respect they should have in the presence of our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament. While they were in the chapel the RCIA teacher saw Katie who was sitting up front, with tears streaming down her face. When they left the teacher asked if everything was ok and Katie said that she had to go back in, He wasnt done talking to her!!! She said there was a bright light coming from the Tabernacle and asked if anybody saw it and the teacher said no. So they went back in and stayed for a while and when she came out she used the teachers phone to call her parents and 3 or 4 other people and told them what had happened. Katie said that before she had went in, she really didn’t know if she believed in the Real Presence. Her father was in RCIA last time around with me and he decided to stay for another cycle. I personally suspect he was having trouble believing in some things that the Church believes in because he was always very inquisitive when we were in class together. This past Friday I had my 2 younger sons Baptized and before the Baptism, this little girls father and mother had their Marriage validated and that means he is coming into the Church at Easter!!! Praise God for all He does and the miracles he works in our lives!!!:amen:

That is an inspiring story - and good timing of you posting it. I really needed to hear it, thanks!

Mar 10:13 And they brought to him young children, that he might touch them. And the disciples rebuked them that brought them.
Mar 10:14 Whom when Jesus saw, he was much displeased and saith to them: Suffer the little children to come unto me and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.
Mar 10:15 Amen I say to you, whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall not enter into it.
Mar 10:16 And embracing them and laying his hands upon them, he blessed them.

:signofcross:

Oh, thank you so much for sharing this! 🙂 How wonderful. The first thought that came to me… was Our Lord’s words…

"Then were brought to Him little children that He might lay His hands on them and pray; but the disciples rebuked them. But Jesus said to them, “Let the little children be, and do not hinder them from coming to Me, for of such is the Kingdom of Heaven.”

Matthew 19:14

This young girl was so precious to Our dear Lord, that He reached right out to her… from the tabernacle. I will think of this… with such awe, the next time we go for a visit to the Blessed Sacrament.:gopray:

This has, indeed… strengthened my faith. Thank you.

What a wonderful story! this has left me some how guilty, we stay far away from the Parish[where the Tarbenacle is] and I used to stop my little siblings from going to the parish because of fear of them becoming tired and exhautsed. Who knows my little siblings may also have a chance of meeting our Lord face to face. I take it upon my self to encourage them to visit the Blessed Sacrament. And myself I pray that one day I get the rare opportunity like that of Katie.

:newidea:
Teach the child the way they should go and when they grow they will not depart from it:newidea:

There is an interesting story of Pope John Paul II’s visit to the Baltimore area in 1995:

The Pope was making a quick trip to the local seminary on the way to his next stop. The initial plan had been for him to simply pass by the front of the building, with the seminarians lining up to greet him there.

However, on the spur of the moment the Pope declared he wanted to go in and to pray at their chapel. On hearing this, a security team rushed in to the building with a German Shepherd canine unit, to scour the place for any intruders before the Pope could enter. These dogs are specially trained to find human beings using their superior sense of smell (like the ones used after September 11 attack to find people in the rubble),

The team sped through the halls and rooms and found nothing. Suddenly, as they neared the chapel, the dogs began to bark and lunge forward on their leashes. They raced up the aisle, stopped before the tabernacle and began to whine and point, indicating that they could sense a presence of someone.They sat down and stayed put, looking at the tabernacle, and would not rise until their handlers called them off. This was witnessed by over ten security staff. The dogs had sensed a Presence in the tabernacle which so many of us humans so often miss!

He’s there…Somedays i feel it, somedays i dont. But i know He’s there.

stories like these are wonderful, thank you very much for submitting. How i wish to go back to the innocence i had as a child, oh well.

-revelations

Oh how I wish all my Friends had this opportunity of exchanging ideas and stories with clean souls!

I feel so much blessed by being a member to the forum and to all the members, please know this to day, you are a blessed little flock.
Around the year 2000 a woman was possessed by the evil spirit and Charismatic Renewal members prayed over her and the spirit was so strong that it refused to leave her. When one member approached the tabernacle to get the Blessed Sacrament to help them exorcise the spirit it shouted “don’t burn me, let me leave her” and left the woman unconscious, it fled. Even the evil spirits know that behind the veil in the tabernacle is the most powerful King.
No doubt Jesus is present in the tabernacle.

:blessyou:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back