M
MariaCA
Guest
Hello everyone, I thought I would update.
I took much advice that people gave me on here, I even tried to speak to the Msgr of their local parish to seek help. It wasn’t a great deal of help, he really wasn’t all that helpful. A Priest was slightly more helpful, but only to the point of confirming his mothers abusive behavior and confirming that I have since contacted the Archbishop to make a complaint and explain the behavior of people their locally.
Unfortunately, the abuse did not stop, and I have spoken to my doctor about a termination (please don’t try and tell me it is anything different, I am fully aware of the implications and really cannot cope with anymore assaults on my emotions). This has been an incredibly difficult thing to do and I fought against it as much as possible to the point that I have been on the verge of taking my own life. I have talked to counselors and everything, but there comes a point for everyone where its all too much.
I have to speak to a counselor at the clinic I would go to before they will book anything, I know this isn’t what anyone wishes to hear. Sometimes people don’t have a choice sometimes they are forced due to the actions of others.
I have also decided to walk away from religion, which was a very difficult thing for me to come to terms with, but after much thought, I can’t understand how anyone who claims to be a devout catholic or even a christian could destroy another person in this way by pressuring and abusing them so much. I can’t understand why the church would allow these people in their congregation, I understand forgiveness, but forgiveness normally implies that people also learn from their mistakes, not carry on and refuse to listen or believe and instead say how they are good and moral people, and how his mother is such a wonderful and loving person.
This isn’t the outcome I had wanted, not by any means.
I took much advice that people gave me on here, I even tried to speak to the Msgr of their local parish to seek help. It wasn’t a great deal of help, he really wasn’t all that helpful. A Priest was slightly more helpful, but only to the point of confirming his mothers abusive behavior and confirming that I have since contacted the Archbishop to make a complaint and explain the behavior of people their locally.
Unfortunately, the abuse did not stop, and I have spoken to my doctor about a termination (please don’t try and tell me it is anything different, I am fully aware of the implications and really cannot cope with anymore assaults on my emotions). This has been an incredibly difficult thing to do and I fought against it as much as possible to the point that I have been on the verge of taking my own life. I have talked to counselors and everything, but there comes a point for everyone where its all too much.
I have to speak to a counselor at the clinic I would go to before they will book anything, I know this isn’t what anyone wishes to hear. Sometimes people don’t have a choice sometimes they are forced due to the actions of others.
I have also decided to walk away from religion, which was a very difficult thing for me to come to terms with, but after much thought, I can’t understand how anyone who claims to be a devout catholic or even a christian could destroy another person in this way by pressuring and abusing them so much. I can’t understand why the church would allow these people in their congregation, I understand forgiveness, but forgiveness normally implies that people also learn from their mistakes, not carry on and refuse to listen or believe and instead say how they are good and moral people, and how his mother is such a wonderful and loving person.
This isn’t the outcome I had wanted, not by any means.