Just got all my wisdom teeth pulled

  • Thread starter Thread starter Obsidion
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Obsidion

Guest
I’m just now leaving the oral surgeon after having all 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled. Please pray that I have an easy, speedy recovery. I’m so swollen right now and can’t talk. I’m still numb luckily though, so no pain so far.
 
It’s going to hurt. Just keep reminding yourself: it will get better. Two days from now you’ll be through the worst of it. ** It will get better. **
 
Be sure to keep the pain under control. Mine didn’t hurt too terribly badly. Also, I’m sure you know, but don’t do anything too strenuous. I didn’t get a dry socket but I’ve heard they’re pretty bad. You’re in my prayers.
 
I feel so sorry. I had two pulled last year; one each side. It will get better. Just follow the advice given and hygiene, hygiene, hygiene, If anything doesn’t feel right, call your dentist right away, God bless.
 
Yeah now the anesthesia is starting to wear off. I’m bleeding and going trough gauze pads like crazy. I just took some Ibuprofen. I’m now just drinking cold stuff and sticking to water to keep myself hydrated. This sucks really bad…thanks for your sympathies.
 
By the way, in case I don’t recover enough come this Sunday, would this be a legitimate excuse not to attend Mass? Or should I still go?
 
By the way, in case I don’t recover enough come this Sunday, would this be a legitimate excuse not to attend Mass? Or should I still go?
If you’re in terrible pain, of course it’s ok to stay home.
God is with you…do what you can. Excuse yourself when you simply can’t. If you’re on heavy pain meds it may be putting others in danger to drive.
God bless you. I don’t envy you. I got 2 pulled many years ago and I thought I was going to die.
They’ve come along way with these procedures. 👍
 
Praying you have a quick recovery.

*St. Apollonia, pray for us. *

:gopray:
 
Yeah now the anesthesia is starting to wear off. I’m bleeding and going trough gauze pads like crazy. I just took some Ibuprofen.
Pack tea bags in place of the gauze. It will help stop the bleeding.

I had four removed about 30 years ago and the tea bags really helped.
 
Be sure to keep the pain under control. Mine didn’t hurt too terribly badly. Also, I’m sure you know, but don’t do anything too strenuous. I didn’t get a dry socket but I’ve heard they’re pretty bad. You’re in my prayers.
Yeah, dry sockets are very painful. I think that I had something like three out of the four impacted teeth being dry sockets. Ugh.

Prayers said for you Obsidion, that your recovery goes as smoothly as possible. 🙂
 
Dear Obsidion:
Jesus was able to endure BLEEDING
to death b/c He knew that it will be
a source of JOY b/c He was saving
the World, OFFER your bleeding up
w/ Christ for a noble intention, don’t
waste it!!
 
I had w-teeth pulled and x-rays showed 4 seeds more below those. He remove them but the sockets were deep. I made the bad mistake and drinking popl that had carbonation in them. That’s a no-no. Carbonation can route out scabs that are forming in the sockets as it did with me. I had the worst migraines. And they put me in the hospital for three days. Do yourself a favor DON’T DRINK CARBONATED BEVERAGES when healing from w- teeth surgery. Ok? AC
 
Sorry that was; don’t drink carbonated drinks after wisdom teeth surgery
 
Gracious and merciful Father, please come to their assistance.

Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory Be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen.
 
Ancient Prayer to St. Apollonia

“Eternally omnipotent God, for whose honor blessed Apollonia, virgin and martyr, steadfastly suffered the horrible crushing-out of her teeth, grant Thou as we desire, that we may be made happy in commemoration of her, thru whose most pious intercession we were freed from toothache and all imminent evils. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.”
 
Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

†

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

†

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

†

Prayer for a Miracle

God of all creation, you who spoke a simple command and brought forth light from
the darkness, I ask you now to send forth your miracle-working power to heal Obsidion). You cleansed the lepers, opened the eyes of the blind and by
speaking a simple command, you empowered the crippled to rise up and walk.
You sent forth your life-giving power to all those in need, including those you raised from
the dead. I ask you to send forth your healing power into Obsidion’s body and give him the strength to fight his illness. I ask this through my Lord, Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen

†
 
Ancient Prayer to St. Apollonia

“Eternally omnipotent God, for whose honor blessed Apollonia, virgin and martyr, steadfastly suffered the horrible crushing-out of her teeth, grant Thou as we desire, that we may be made happy in commemoration of her, thru whose most pious intercession we were freed from toothache and all imminent evils. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.”
Amen. :gopray:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top