Just Like U.S. Democrats, Chinese Communists Are Compiling Dissident Lists

• Thread starter Thread starter Cathoholic
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cathoholic

Just Like U.S. Democrats, Chinese Communists Are Compiling Dissident Lists​

I never thought that my adopted home, the land of the free, would so soon start sounding like the one-party dictatorial state I left behind.

By Helen Raleigh

NOVEMBER 24, 2020 The Federalist

The Chinese Communist Party (CCP) is reportedly in the process of creating a global blacklist of critics who have supported or funded the freedom and democracy movement in Hong Kong and Taiwan. The list specifically targets those who reside outside mainland China. The scale of the project might be massive because. . .

The Global Times, one of the CCP’s mouthpieces, promises such a blacklist is no “empty threat” but “a sword of Damocles” hanging over these critics’ heads “for a long time to come.” Anyone on this list “will no longer be able to set foot in Hong Kong, Macao, and the Chinese mainland, and it will also be very dangerous for them to travel to other countries and regions.” In fact, the blacklist will serve as a life sentence for CCP critics . . .

The Left Wants to ‘Deprogram’ Trump Supporters​

It is very clear that there’s less and less ideological difference between the totalitarian left in this country and the CCP. When both groups were in the process of obtaining power, they shouted slogans of “democracy,” “equality,” “freedom,” and “tolerance.” Once they are in a position of power, however, they reveal their true colors.

Both have little tolerance for different ideas and people who hold them…

…Rep Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., former presidential candidate Evan McMullin, and other leftists all called for blacklisting anyone who supported Trump. Former staffers for President Barack Obama and presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg answered this call to action by creating the so-called Trump Accountability Project, which blacklists anyone who worked for, donated to, or endorsed Trump and his administration.

The purpose of such a list, explained by the Washington Post’s Jennifer Rubin in a tweet and interview with MSNBC, is to make sure Trump supporters will “never serve in office, join a corporate board, find a faculty position or be accepted into ‘polite’ society.” The Republican Party must be “collectively burned down” with “no survivors,” she said. Otherwise, anyone who survived the purge will “do it again,” meaning we will vote for people and policies with which Rubin and the totalitarian left disagree. Does any of this coldblooded language and the vow to crush…

Apparently, creating a blacklist doesn’t go far enough for some Democrats. David Atkins, a California Democrat and an “elected DNC member,” calls for “deprogramming” all 75 million Trump voters because he thinks . . .

It is frightening that some Democrats are creating a dissident list in hopes of punishing those they disagree with politically.

This is very sad. so where is the democracy which they preach?
Oh, this is what democracy actually is. The majority sets the rules without regard for the minority. This is precisely why the framers did not set up a democracy, but a constitutional representative republic instead. They rightfully found democracy abhorrent.
I cringe every time I hear a Republican or conservative say “our democracy”.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back