Just watched "The Da Vinci Code" last night

  • Thread starter Thread starter steve53
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dan Brown’s “Code” is Gnostic propaganda, and the punchline is that the lady who was genetically related to “Jesus” is expected to be sexually serviced in the “shack out back” in a ritual that would involve sex with strangers, to put it bluntly, and she was to make more little genetic “Christians.” This is uber-racist, among other uber-affronts. But as a Merovingian, I say kneel before me, true spawn of “Jesus,” and be ruled by my divine-ish DNA. Freemasons get a kick out of their super-secret gnowledge that “Jesus” was knocking boots with “Mary Magdalene” and they were secretly married. Secret marriage is impossible as the very act of marriage is a publicly witnessed covenant, so…

At any rate, the Gnostic literature and cinema racket (Neo?) has been very profitable, NY Times bestsellers becoming icky flicks. This Gnostic racket fulfills St. John Bosco’s vision-dream of the Barque of Peter assailed by piratical ships that were lobbing rockets and books! That symbologist stuff makes Dan Brown a regular Doctor of Thinkology. Brown’s tripe is lifted from Gnostic writers on the “sang real” of Jesus meaning the bloodline, not Blood, of Jesus Christ. Oy vey. The only preserved bloodline going on here is the breeding of prize pigeons suckered into every anti-Church popery-hating diatribe. Shamefully ignorant and mean spirited…
 
Honestly, even though I’m Catholic, I love the Da Vinci Code. Movie not so good, but the book was amazing. If you’re ignorant, I see the problems that would arise, but if you’re faithful and knowledgable, it shouldn’t matter. The book is even specified as fictional, not historical. That’s like saying Harry Potter is bad because wizards aren’t real. I love the Other Boleyn Girl, but I’m smart enough to know most of the events in that book are completely fiction. But when there are some historical theories that have no actual evidence from the actual time period, it’s fun to speculate, even if you know it’s not true. I could write a book about Socrates being a purple cow, but everyone would know its fiction, so who cares? And in the Da Vinci Code, there was actually tons of stuff historically accurate, they just linked random things together to come up with crazy fictional theories. People love conspiracy theories, so any conspiracies in all of history have tons of different fictional speculations. I’ve read at least 4 different fictional books with different theories on what happened to the princes in the tower, it doesn’t mean any are actually true.
 
You have got to google: Tony Robinson, Da Vinci Code. He does a wonderful expose of Dan Brown and his books. They are very informative and funny.

One of the best parts is about the Priory of Sion, a fringe fraternal organisation, founded and dissolved in France in 1956 by Pierre Plantard. In the 1960s, Plantard created a fictitious history for that organisation, describing it as a secret society founded by Godfrey of Bouillon on Mount Zion in the Kingdom of Jerusalem in 1099, conflating it with a genuine historical monastic order, the Abbey of Our Lady of Mount Zion, which is devoted to installing a secret bloodline of the Merovingian dynasty on the thrones of France and the rest of Europe. This myth was expanded upon and popularised by the 1982 pseudohistorical book The Holy Blood and the Holy Grail and later claimed as factual in the preface of the 2003 conspiracy fiction novel The Da Vinci Code.

There’s a lot of stuff like that. Dan Brown is a fiction writer (not a very good one) who presents his fiction as fact.
 
I have never understood why Christians have been so up in arms about this book and movie. I read it years ago and thought it was just an entertaining, light, fictional read.
 
Great thread! I needed some laughs as well. Thank you guys for your (name removed by moderator)ut. 🙂

I couldn’t get through the book. It’s pretty sophomoric. The movie I watched years ago…Zzzzzzzzz! 😉
 
I have never understood why Christians have been so up in arms about this book and movie. I read it years ago and thought it was just an entertaining, light, fictional read.
This. His books are clearly marketed as novels, not as history texts.
 
I actually really like this movie, in fact I own it on DVD! I can’t seem to comprehend why some people feel threatened by this movie. He writes novels not historial discoveries. His creating a ‘reality’ of his own which is what every writer does when creating a story. I enjoyed the books a little more than the movies, but I also like the movies and I own them all I like watching them from time to time.
 
I saw the movie.

It seems that the girl following Tom Hanks around was the only surviving descendant of Jesus and Mary Magdalene.

Oh really? After two thousand years?

Seems like after all that time there would either be tens of thousands of descendants or none at all. But just one? Ridiculous.

An intellectually bankrupt idea.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top