Kansas Attorney demands abortion clinic records

• Thread starter Thread starter Fitz
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fitz

comcast.net/News/DOMESTIC//XML/1110_AP_Online_Regional___National__US_/37a38d47-5be8-40c8-9653-1899abfa54c5.html

Excerpt:

But Attorney General Phill Kline, an abortion opponent, insisted Thursday: “I have the duty to investigate and prosecute child rape and other crimes in order to protect Kansas children.”

Kline is seeking the records of women and girls who had late-term abortions. Sex involving someone under 16 is illegal in Kansas, and it is illegal in the state for doctors to perform an abortion after 22 weeks unless there is reason to believe it is needed to protect the mother’s health.

Fitz said:
comcast.net/News/DOMESTIC//XML/1110_AP_Online_Regional___National__US_/37a38d47-5be8-40c8-9653-1899abfa54c5.html

Excerpt:

But Attorney General Phill Kline, an abortion opponent, insisted Thursday: “I have the duty to investigate and prosecute child rape and other crimes in order to protect Kansas children.”

Kline is seeking the records of women and girls who had late-term abortions. Sex involving someone under 16 is illegal in Kansas, and it is illegal in the state for doctors to perform an abortion after 22 weeks unless there is reason to believe it is needed to protect the mother’s health.

Its about time a law enforcement official does something about this. I am going to guess that PP is going to hem and haw about giving up the records and try to claim protections under the Patient Privacy Act. How many want to bet the the ACLU is going to send over a free attorney to fight this “abuse to free access to a constitutionally guaranteed right”.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back