Katie Couric and TODAY show "facing audience erosion"

• Thread starter Thread starter Maranatha
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Maranatha

**Facing audience erosion, Couric “has grown downright scary: America’s girl next door has morphed into the mercurial diva down the hall,” Stanley is planing to smack in Monday editions, newsroom sources tell DRUDGE.

“At the first sound of her peremptory voice and clickety stiletto heels, people dart behind doors and douse the lights.” **

drudgereport.com/flash3kc.htm

Awww, poor Katie watie. Everyone thinks she’s a big bad witchy-poo. I feel so bad, can’t you tell? 😉

I stopped watching her several months ago when she made a comment about "I know we have all this stuff about the Tsunami going on, but I feel really badly for these people…"

She was referring to Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston.

That was the end for me…

She holds as much compassion as a bag of hair.

Blessings,
Joanie

:rotfl: That is hilarious. Mind you, I wish her well, but it just goes to show what fame can do without humility to deflate the ego.

When she wore black (and her famous scowl) and had her arms crossed for nearly the entirety of the show the morning after Bush won, I think only the far-left wasn’t turned off by her.

Her absence during most of the papal stuff was pretty obvious. But I thought all in all Matt Lauer was very respectful. I was almost impressed by NBC’s coverage the whole time.

Katie shows up to interview the dissenters in the aftermath. She and Chris Matthews.

I haven’t watched NBC’s Today show in about 6 years, and I had grown up watching it every morning. . And I haven’t missed it at all.

I stopped watching after 9/11. I just got too busy in the mornings since my daughter started school. I don’t miss it at all. Katie was never my favorite personality though and I really couldn’t figure out why everyone else liked her so much. My MIL said she was “so cute and peppy”. Who wants that in the morning?:rolleyes:

40.png
jlw:
When she wore black (and her famous scowl) and had her arms crossed for nearly the entirety of the show the morning after Bush won, I think only the far-left wasn’t turned off by her.
No too bias — ay??
:rolleyes:

Maranatha said:
**“At the first sound of her peremptory voice and clickety stiletto heels, people dart behind doors and douse the lights.” **

Sounds like she is would give Martha Stewart a run for her money:bigyikes:

PF

40.png
GodBlessJoanie:
I stopped watching her several months ago when she made a comment about "I know we have all this stuff about the Tsunami going on, but I feel really badly for these people…"

That was the end for me…

Blessings,
Joanie
We should all feel terrible for Pitt and Aniston. Two very attractive people who were with a very attractive person, who left said very attractive person and are likely already in the arms of another very attractive person.

Such a tragedy.

Hi, just posting my comments on Katie. I have seen her show a few times in my life. I was more of a fan of Diane Sawyer (haven’t seen that show now in a few years either) until the Iraq war. I had my daughter in the military so I had to seek out real sources of news because I realized real quickly that the alphabet stations were lacking, lying, or whatever you want to call it.

I think from the numbers I hear, MSM is dying a quick death. Bloggers are now the rage and people are finding out the truth. If MSM doesn’t begin to honor truth they will be officially dead in about a year I think.

For me it is FOX (O’Reilly, Hannity, sometimes Gretta and Fox News Sunday-not as much as I once did) , Relvant Radio, EWTN, Laura Ingraham, Bill Bennet, and not necessarily in that order. I rely on Catholic sources whenever I can because they have no reason to lie to me.

40.png
Fitz:
Hi, just posting my comments on Katie. I have seen her show a few times in my life. I was more of a fan of Diane Sawyer (haven’t seen that show now in a few years either) until the Iraq war. I had my daughter in the military so I had to seek out real sources of news because I realized real quickly that the alphabet stations were lacking, lying, or whatever you want to call it.

I think from the numbers I hear, MSM is dying a quick death. Bloggers are now the rage and people are finding out the truth. If MSM doesn’t begin to honor truth they will be officially dead in about a year I think.

For me it is FOX (O’Reilly, Hannity, sometimes Gretta and Fox News Sunday-not as much as I once did) , Relvant Radio, EWTN, Laura Ingraham, Bill Bennet, and not necessarily in that order. I rely on Catholic sources whenever I can because they have no reason to lie to me.
Fitz I have to agree with you. Their death is from constantly shooting themselves in the foot! I don’t watch the alphabet channels(except my local ones) for news either, it’s Fox for me too. Occasionaly my husband would watch Dan Rather just too see what the propaganda of the day was. The last time I purposely watched the Today show was when Couric interviewed Hillary and she blamed her & Bill’s woes on a Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy! I do love Laura Ingraham too and Bill Bennett. I don’t have Relevant Radio but I have a Catholic Radio station WQOP(Queen of Peace) which is EWTN . I heard that the Liberal Radio Air America is tanking. I don’t believe they have as large an audience as they thought.:rotfl:

40.png
Lucania:
I don’t have Relevant Radio but I have a Catholic Radio station WQOP(Queen of Peace) which is EWTN . I heard that the Liberal Radio Air America is tanking. I don’t believe they have as large an audience as they thought.:rotfl:
Here is the Relevant Radio Link, so if you are ever working on the comuter you can listen if you like:
relevantradio.com/docs/index.asp
I like it. I usually listen to it as I drive home from work. You might find some of the same people as WQOP, for I am not familiar with that. I have never even once listened to Air America. I don’t think that any of them could be as good as Laura Ingraham, or Bill Bennett. I think that what I like is that they are Catholic and not afraid to mention it. Laura is so funny for she actually invites people to go to church or to return home. She is smart and funny.

40.png
Fitz:
Here is the Relevant Radio Link, so if you are ever working on the comuter you can listen if you like:
relevantradio.com/docs/index.asp
I like it. I usually listen to it as I drive home from work. You might find some of the same people as WQOP, for I am not familiar with that. I have never even once listened to Air America. I don’t think that any of them could be as good as Laura Ingraham, or Bill Bennett. I think that what I like is that they are Catholic and not afraid to mention it. Laura is so funny for she actually invites people to go to church or to return home. She is smart and funny.
Thanks for the link Fitz. No I have not nor will I ever listen to Air America(not sure if I could even get it here). I don’t like Al Franken or Jeanine Garofalo. I like Laura & Bill for the same reasons as you. They are Catholic, intelligent, informative and Laura is hilarious and they are conservative 👍

Who is Laura Ingraham? How long has she been on the radio? I’ve not heard of her at all.

40.png
Walburga:
Who is Laura Ingraham? How long has she been on the radio? I’ve not heard of her at all.
I honestly don’t know how long but several years. I am delighted she’s now on a daytime slot so I can listen at work. You can also stream her show by paying a small fee. I did that before she moved to the new station. SHe is THE BEST. Check out www.lauraingraham.com. Be sure to put the ‘h’ in the last name or you will get a website for a cute little girl who will direct you to the other Laura Ingraham. She also wrote “Shut Up and Sing” directed at our celebrity ‘foreign policy authorities’ like Sean Penn and Oprah. It’s a riot although sadly true. Wanna know a secret? They think we’re stupid.

Lisa N

40.png
Walburga:
She has a law degree and was a clerk for Supreme Justice Clarence Thomas. For a few years she was a speechwriter for President Reagan. She is also a convert to the Catholic Church. Go to her website where they show her bio. I don’t remember how long her show has been on but I think it’s 3 or 4 years. She’s on Hannity & Colmes from time to time, alot during the Presidential Election. She has filled in for Joe Scarborough on his show, too. She’s witty and funny, intelligent and sarcastic.:tiphat:

use to watch the TODAY show everyday before school but now I am at work by 7 so don’t get to watch the show BUT I can tell I am not missing anything!

Beckers

40.png
GodBlessJoanie:

That was the end for me…

Blessings,
Joanie
OMG!!! I knew l disliked Katie for a reason! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back