Katya Rivas - stigmata?

  • Thread starter Thread starter hamburglar
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve seen the picture of Katya R. before, don’t know where.

I think that this is something to be very careful about. This is one of those spirits that must be carefully tested. Some “stigmatists” have been found to have a psycological condition rather than holiness. I mean, even in the times of St. Teresa of Avil (1600s) that was happening.

I also think you need to look at the fruits of the phenomenom. Is the focus on God:thumbsup: or on Katya:( ?
 
Name other officially Church approved stigmatas.
For example, Padre Pio’s was not approved. His canonisation had nothing to do with his stigmata. By the way I happen to believe his stigmata was real but that has nothing to do with formal approval or not.
Catherine Emmerich is not a saint and stigmata not approved.
 
I know this is something to be very careful about.

I would guess that St. Paul had stigmata, since I’m pretty sure the word stigmata originated from Galatians 6:17 where “stigmata” was translated to “marks”
Vulgate: De cetero nemo mihi molestus sit; ego enim stigmata Iesu in super corpore meo porto.
Douay-Rheims: “From henceforth let no man be troublesome to me: for I bear the marks of the Lord Jesus in my body.”
 
Name other officially Church approved stigmatas.
For example, Padre Pio’s was not approved. His canonisation had nothing to do with his stigmata. By the way I happen to believe his stigmata was real but that has nothing to do with formal approval or not.
Catherine Emmerich is not a saint and stigmata not approved.
There are a lot of saints who experienced the Stigmata and other mystical wounding that are approved by the Church. St Catherine of Siena, St Teresa of Avila, St Veronica Guiliani, St Gemma, St Rita ect. None of them, including St Francis were canonized because of the wounds. They were canonized because of their holiness.
 
Name other officially Church approved stigmatas.
For example, Padre Pio’s was not approved. His canonisation had nothing to do with his stigmata. By the way I happen to believe his stigmata was real but that has nothing to do with formal approval or not.
Catherine Emmerich is not a saint and stigmata not approved.
Code:
And Padre Pio’s stigmatas were gone when he died!
 
One of Australia’s Most Senior Journalist Investigates13
  • Mike Willesee’s initial observations in Bolivia
  • The FOX TV Network commissions this documentary
  • The stigmata will appear for the Feast of Corpus Christi
  • The stigmata appears as foretold 2 months earlier
  • The amazing overnight healing of Katya’s wounds
The above from one of the sites in the OP was of particular interest to me being Australian. Mike Willisee was not only one of our most senior journalists, he was also one of our most respected. He was also a confirmed athiest.

He did the documentary because he wanted to prove how ridiculous and false all these things were and went into much detail and trouble to investigate as an investigative journalist should. He was so affected by it all he became and remains a devout Catholic.

I think the whole of Australia stopped when that documentary was run…Mike Willisee a devout Catholic was quite a shock for Australia. But like all things media, sadly it had its day and then disappeared from our headlines or the media anywhere.

For myself, I let The Church decide - that is good enough for me always.

Blessings with Peace and Joy…Barb:)
 
There are a lot of saints who experienced the Stigmata and other mystical wounding that are approved by the Church. St Catherine of Siena, St Teresa of Avila, St Veronica Guiliani, St Gemma, St Rita ect. None of them, including St Francis were canonized because of the wounds. They were canonized because of their holiness.
I have not said anything to the contrary.

Also I believe many had genuine stigmata. My comment earlier was that the Church has only formally declared the stigmata of St Francis to be authentic. That does not mean the Church thinks others were false. It simply means the Church did not formally declare them to be real.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top