Kecharitomene

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cruxis117
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cruxis117

Guest
I found this page on the internet: carm.org/mary-full-grace-and-luke-128, when I was doing research on kecharitomene, and I wanted to ask people how I could refute it. I’m not skilled in Greek, and I want to be able to defend my faith. This page was introduced to me after I had brought up kecharitomene and charitoo to a person I was debating online. If anyone can help me out, it would be much appreciated. It’s basically about the word kecharitomene, first being written as “kexaritomene” as only meaning highly favored, when “plaras karito” is supposed to mean “full of grace”. Any help would be much appreciated.
 
Trevor:
Thanks from here, as well.

Cruxis:
You cant trust anything from CARM: he even denies water Baptism; and his own kind war with him. Hes a dyed-in-the-wool anti-Catholic: we`re not even Christians. 😦
 
I found this page on the internet: carm.org/mary-full-grace-and-luke-128, when I was doing research on kecharitomene, and I wanted to ask people how I could refute it. I’m not skilled in Greek, and I want to be able to defend my faith. This page was introduced to me after I had brought up kecharitomene and charitoo to a person I was debating online. If anyone can help me out, it would be much appreciated. It’s basically about the word kecharitomene, first being written as “kexaritomene” as only meaning highly favored, when “plaras karito” is supposed to mean “full of grace”. Any help would be much appreciated.
I believe CARM is an anti-Catholic site and giving links to it is against forum rules.
 
I believe CARM is an anti-Catholic site and giving links to it is against forum rules.
I apologize, I was unaware. I was only trying to find an understanding for the word kecharitomene, and I thought that posting the link would help others see what I was trying to refute. Is there any way to remove the link?
 
I believe CARM is an anti-Catholic site and giving links to it is against forum rules.
I apologize, I was unaware. I was only trying to find an understanding for the word kecharitomene, and I thought that posting the link would help others see what I was trying to refute. Is there any way to remove the link?
Cruxis, personally I don’t think there is a problem with your OP. The forum rule in question is #17 on the Banned Topics List, which forbids posting “Links to blatantly anti-Catholic sites, except as a valid reference point for discussion”. I think it is safe to say that you, indeed, provided the link “as a valid reference point for discussion.”

In any event, it is too late for you to edit your post (except by sending a special request to the moderator) seeing as it has been posted for longer than 20 minutes. But if the moderator feels that it is best for the thread not to have the CARM link then I’m sure the mod will edit out the link accordingly.
 
I found this page on the internet: carm.org/mary-full-grace-and-luke-128, when I was doing research on kecharitomene, and I wanted to ask people how I could refute it. I’m not skilled in Greek, and I want to be able to defend my faith. This page was introduced to me after I had brought up kecharitomene and charitoo to a person I was debating online. If anyone can help me out, it would be much appreciated. It’s basically about the word kecharitomene, first being written as “kexaritomene” as only meaning highly favored, when “plaras karito” is supposed to mean “full of grace”. Any help would be much appreciated.
If you want to research this word, stay away from Matt Slick, he is very anti-catholic, I’ve heard Robert Sungenis debate this guy on the assumption of Mary / sola scriptura, Sungenis refutes Slick on his interpretation of Luke 1:28 (Kecharitomene) very very skilfully.

Click here to listen
. This issue is brought up about halfway through. Hope this helps 👍
 
If you want to research this word, stay away from Matt Slick, he is very anti-catholic…
i have serious doubts about Slicks sincerity. Near the start of his "debate" with Robert Sungenis, he rattles off a number of "Roman Catholic heresies", including worshipping Mary. Is Slick deliberately misrepresenting the Church: ie calumny; or hasnt he made any attempt to find out what she actually teaches?

Whichever way it is, he doesn`t look good. 😦

He sounds very self-assured!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top