A
AlanFromWichita
Guest
I’m trying to understand your question.baloney! The fact that the cross is removed from the picture itself was wrong. And then represent the idea of having a picture of JPII with no cross showing with the cross taken off agenda. You must think that the Pope is leader of the one world organization don’t you? Given your liberal interpretation of JPII don’t you see how inconsistent your viewpoint is?
Are you saying the Jews actually touched up the photos to remove the cross? Why didn’t somebody say so earlier?
I understood they simply wished to choose a photo that did not have the cross included. This could hardly be a way for the Jews to discredit the wonderful Holy Father JPII, but to avoid arousing those possible hurtful feelings in their own people.
About the one world organization, the Pope is the leader of the Church around the world, if that’s what you mean?
Are you even talking to me? Are you thinking I’m liberal because I don’t think the Jews are out to ruin Catholicism by putting a picture on a stamp? If by “liberal” you mean not paranoid, then maybe so.
Is the idea that JPII would not rebuff the Jews for printing his photo liberal? Am I liberal for pointing out that this Pope kissed the Quran? If JPII can show respect for others’ religions without changing his own views to match theirs, then how is it liberal to ask why the Jews can’t show us respect without having to buy into our beliefs about Christ?
Extending your line of reasoning, no Jew should ever say anything good about the Holy Father unless they first recite the Creed. They should set standards on the size and clarity of the crucifix, and there should be an arrow pointing to Jesus’ body on it with a note attached, “see, here’s where we hurt him. Don’t we feel terrible about that?”
Alan