Once, years and years ago, someone gave me a diary. I was supposed to write just one sentence per day. I did that, found out one sentence just wasn’t nearly enough! I liked it, and then got a notebook.
I’d be going through a lot, feel like I wanted to talk to someone about what I was going through, but didn´t have that. So, instead, I wrote my thoughts down, dated them. Later, I’d go back, and I felt I could see myself learning and growing.
Sometimes, I’d review what I had written long before, and I couldn’t believe I had written that, that I had once thought like that. I believed it helped me better understand both myself and others much better.
I used it as a kind of outlet, to get what was bothering me off my chest. At the time, I found it most therapeutic. I haven´t done this in years, but when I needed to do it, it was most helpful.