Kemp To State Legislators

• Thread starter Thread starter ChuckB
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am liking him more and more. 2024 maybe?
Kemp told lawmakers Monday that doing so “is not an option” under Georgia law. A statute enacted in 1960 prohibits the Georgia General Assembly from choosing delegates to the Electoral College except in cases where an election cannot be held.

“You all will be taking an oath to uphold the laws and constitution of our state, and now more than ever, it is important to remember that thousands of brave men and women have paid the ultimate sacrifice for those laws, that constitution and all that they protect,” Kemp said.

Because when you don’t like the outcomes, you can change them by eliminating some of the voters.

Georgia Republicans vow legislation to limit mail voting despite no evidence of fraud​

A day after Trump’s loss in the state was reaffirmed, Republicans pledged to unwind the absentee voting system they themselves created in 2005.

Georgia Republicans on Tuesday outlined a plan to restrict mail voting and roll back the election laws that contributed to the state’s record-high turnout in the presidential election — unwinding rules the party itself put in place.

The framework for legislation — which would eliminate no-excuse absentee voting, add a voter ID requirement to mail ballots for voters with an eligible excuse and eliminate drop boxes — appears designed to respond to President Donald Trump’s repeated and false claims that mail voting is rife with fraud.

[…]

Voting rights experts have long argued that mail voting is already secure, and that these types of restrictions suppress voters, particularly Black and brown Americans who already face disproportionate hurdles.

Experts have warned that the president’s false claims of voter fraud are laying the groundwork for additional voting restrictions that will suppress eligible voters.

Last edited:
I have long suspect the the incumbent POTUS is only a Republican to the extent it suits him. I do not know if this poll is true. However, his attitude, statements, and actions since losing this election have not struck me as patriotic.

Maybe it is time to divide the GOP between the traditional GOP and this new nationalist movement.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back