R
rotlex
Guest
Let me start by saying I’m a Bible addict. Yes, both reading, and “collecting” if you will. My normal “daily reading go to Bibles” are the DR and the RSV-CE. I have been in search of, for a very long time, a high quality version of either of those. I own a few, including the latest from St. Benedict Press, which are nice, but no where near as nice as some of the “protestant” Bibles you see on the shelves.
Well, during my normal perusing of the web for Bible info, I happened upon the Cambridge Bible web site. They are releasing a KJV, not NKJV version of the Bible WITH the Apocrypha included, in what I am sure to be an absolutely gorgeous edition. (Cameo Reference version in split calf skin for those familiar with them).
As I have never actually read through the entire KJV, actually, not much of it at all, I’m wondering how it will compare to say the DR, for a Catholic, as maybe even a daily reading Bible. I know, I know, it is what is in between the pages that matters, and I do enjoy my DR and RSV-CE, but I’ve longed for an heirloom quality Bible for quite some time, and other than having an existing one rebound, I don’t think I’ve ever come across something of the quality of Cambridge or RL Allan.
With that said, please don’t think me shallow etc., again, I realize the Word of God is good on sticky notes if necessary, I’m just looking for (name removed by moderator)ut as to what I can expect form the KJV, again, with the Apocrypha, vs say what I am used to.
Thanks.
Well, during my normal perusing of the web for Bible info, I happened upon the Cambridge Bible web site. They are releasing a KJV, not NKJV version of the Bible WITH the Apocrypha included, in what I am sure to be an absolutely gorgeous edition. (Cameo Reference version in split calf skin for those familiar with them).
As I have never actually read through the entire KJV, actually, not much of it at all, I’m wondering how it will compare to say the DR, for a Catholic, as maybe even a daily reading Bible. I know, I know, it is what is in between the pages that matters, and I do enjoy my DR and RSV-CE, but I’ve longed for an heirloom quality Bible for quite some time, and other than having an existing one rebound, I don’t think I’ve ever come across something of the quality of Cambridge or RL Allan.
With that said, please don’t think me shallow etc., again, I realize the Word of God is good on sticky notes if necessary, I’m just looking for (name removed by moderator)ut as to what I can expect form the KJV, again, with the Apocrypha, vs say what I am used to.
Thanks.