Knowledge of Mortal Sin?

  • Thread starter Thread starter mymamamary
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mymamamary

Guest
Dear Forum

Does one have to be sure that they are in a state of mortal sin, as for the past two days I am not sure, and I am scrupulous as well. I had thoughts of the impure kind, but I hated them, and I highly doubt i consensted to them, as I didnt get aroused or draw pleasure from them, and always said to myself when the thoughts came “JESUS I trust In YOU” or I thought of the Crucifix. I recieved Our LORD today in daily MASS, and I’m not sure if I should confess and Im a little bit scared. Normally, my scrupulous meter would be off the chart, but at the moment, surprisingly, its not. Also, I recieved OUR LORD, and Enjoyed a very intimate and joyful Thanksgiving with him.

Any thoughts??
 
I have scrupulosity as well I would reccomend you to join the OCD/Scrupulosity group if not done so yet. the link is forums.catholic-questions.org/group.php?groupid=454

The hardest part I have with my scrupulosity is having unwanted thoughts. Some of them can be very horrible, and most of them are sexually graphic. I often get them when looking about a sacred image, such as a cross, or a religious image.

The thing to understand is that OCD and Scrupulosity give us thoughts that we would never want to have. Thus are always trying to avoid sin and even the though of anything impure, that we end up thinking this thoughts.

I would reccomend that if it makes you feel better at the end of your next confession tell the priest " I also confess all unwanted thoughts that I have gotten because of my scrupulosity. I don’t think you have to confess this thoughts As it is clear that you don’t want them in the first place so it doesn’t seem like their is sin involved, but as for myself I feel better just confessing it.

Some publications that can help you are
mission.liguori.org/newsletters/scrupanon.htm
catholic.com/radio/shows/countering-scrupulosity-5585
amazon.com/Understanding-Scrupulosity-Questions-Helps-Encouragement/dp/0764815768/ref=pd_sim_sbs_b_1
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top