Knowledge of persons soul destination?

  • Thread starter Thread starter lotus_in_bloom
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lotus_in_bloom

Guest
Sad news as an acquaintance of mine was murdered at his job today. The thing is that as soon as I heard the news a deep horrific wailing happened in my soul and for a few minutes I felt lost, in existence without God, and horrible emotional agony. I have lost those dear to me in the past but this experience was very different in the sense that these were not my emotions. I was not close to this man but I did know him well. My gut told me those were his feelings and that the victim is in hell. I immediately prayed and asked for guidance because who am I to know such things! Is this arrogance on my part? The devils lies? Or could it be something of God?
 
You could be right. Who knows except God!

Best thing is to carry on praying for him. Offer up mass for him and your Holy Communion.

God bless his soul
 
Consider: your prayers for his soul cannot be wasted but his soul may languish longer in Purgatory if you do not pray. The Church has never proclaimed any individual person damned to Hell and neither should you. Pray, pray, pray for your acquaintance.

I believe that to assume any person is in Hell or Heaven (except canonized saints) is a work of the devil to get us to NOT pray for their souls. We **must **pray for souls.
 
I believe that to assume any person is in Hell or Heaven (except canonized saints) is a work of the devil to get us to NOT pray for their souls. We **must **pray for souls.
Yes, always better to assume they are in Purgatory, that way you will keep praying for them.
 
Consider: your prayers for his soul cannot be wasted but his soul may languish longer in Purgatory if you do not pray. The Church has never proclaimed any individual person damned to Hell and neither should you. Pray, pray, pray for your acquaintance.

I believe that to assume any person is in Hell or Heaven (except canonized saints) is a work of the devil to get us to NOT pray for their souls. We **must **pray for souls.
Thank you very much! Such presumption felt dangerous and I prayed the rosary again, this time all decades for him.
 
There are also special prayers for people who died suddenly. (Search for terms like “sudden and unprovided death”.) Some of them are very wise and could help you as you think about this.

But it’s very good to pray the Rosary for this person!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top