Kudos for Bill Gates!

• Thread starter Thread starter FightingFat
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Before you sing the praises of Bill Gates, you should know that in 2000 alone he and his wife contributed 8.8 million dollars to Planned Parenthood…they have also contributed to PP centers.

PP is the single largest provider of abortions in the world.
Now, if this latest move is a sign of change, then I can join you in applauding Gates…yet if Gates continues to contribute to baby killing, then these latest donations are tainted.

40.png
TPJCatholic:
Before you sing the praises of Bill Gates, you should know that in 2000 alone he and his wife contributed 8.8 million dollars to Planned Parenthood…they have also contributed to PP centers.

PP is the single largest provider of abortions in the world.
Now, if this latest move is a sign of change, then I can join you in applauding Gates…yet if Gates continues to contribute to baby killing, then these latest donations are tainted.
EWWWWWWW REALLY? That is horrible. I was thinking Gates was a pretty decent guy with his foundation. Compare to his former partner and co founder of Microsoft Paul Allen who won’t even pay his bills much less contribute millions.

Thanks for the info. How did you find this out?

Lisa N

Lisa,

I used to think the same thing about Gates, that he was a good guy, gave lots of money, etc…then someone told me about the PP link. You can do a simple search using the terms “Bill Gates Planned Parenthood” and it should pop-up several links that speak about Gate’s connection.

40.png
TPJCatholic:
Lisa,

I used to think the same thing about Gates, that he was a good guy, gave lots of money, etc…then someone told me about the PP link. You can do a simple search using the terms “Bill Gates Planned Parenthood” and it should pop-up several links that speak about Gate’s connection.
Thanks for the tip. I can often track down donors and funding via Guidestar but there are SOOOO many PP chapters that you’d have to know which one he directed his donations to. It’s amazing the tentacles that organization has grown! I had a friend who was a huge supporter of the Susan G Komen foundation and was horrified to find that link to PP. No more money from me and I am trying to get her to quit participating in Race for the Cure. Talk about a wolf in sheep’s clothing! Abortion is tied to breast cancer so they want to raise money to keep the mill churning.

Does anyone know Gates’ religious background is if any? I’ve never heard of that side of him at all.

Lisa N

gatesfoundation.org/GlobalHealth/

To see what the Gates foundation gives to click above link and the on the right theire is a column thats says Grants and has individual years. I’ve heard the planned parenthood connection before but it seems by these grants he sure does alot to save the lives of children in 3rd world countries, it’s hard not feel good about that.

You all were right Gates is definately involved in planned parenthood.

pbs.org/now/transcript/transcript_gates.html

MOYERS:
You could have chosen any field, any subject, any issue and poured billions into it and been celebrated. How did you come to this one? To global health?

GATES: The two areas that are changing in this amazing way are information technology and medical technology. Those are the things that the world will be very different 20 years from now than it is today.

I’m so excited about those advances. And they actually feed off of each other. The medical world uses the information tools to do their work. And so when you have those advances you think will they be available to everyone. Will they not just be for the rich world or even just the rich people and the rich world? Will they be for the world at large?

The one issue that really grabbed me as urgent were issues related to population… reproductive health.

And maybe the most interesting thing I learned is this thing that’s still surprising when I tell other people which is that, as you improve health in a society, population growth goes down.

You know I thought it was…before I learned about it, I thought it was paradoxical. Well if you improve health, aren’t you just dooming people to deal with such a lack of resources where they won’t be educated or they won’t have enough food? You know, sort of a Malthusian view of what would take place.

And the fact that health leads parents to decide, “okay, we don’t need to have as many children because the chance of having the less children being able to survive to be adults and take care of us, means we don’t have to have 7 or 8 children.” Now that was amazing.

MOYERS: But did you come to reproductive issues as an intellectual, philosophical pursuit? Or was there something that happened? Did come up on… was there a revelation?

GATES: When I was growing up, my parents were almost involved in various volunteer things. My dad was head of Planned Parenthood. And it was very controversial to be involved with that. And so it’s fascinating. At the dinner table my parents are very good at sharing the things that they were doing. And almost treating us like adults, talking about that. My mom was on the United Way group that decides how to allocate the money

40.png
TPJCatholic:
Lisa,

I heard once (no source) that Gates is Catholic.
Gates is not catholic, his wife Melinda Gates claims to be catholic.
The Gates foundation is a big supporter of Planned Parenthood so the operative word here is claims.

The former ceo and founder of Dominoes Pizza recently founded a catholic university in florida I believe the first one in many years
And is very orthodox and conserative. He’s retired and dedicates his time for catholic causes. He’s a better example of an infulential catholic doing catholic work.

40.png
rayne89:
You all were right Gates is definately involved in planned parenthood.

GATES: When I was growing up, my parents were almost involved in various volunteer things. My dad was head of Planned Parenthood. And it was very controversial to be involved with that. And so it’s fascinating. At the dinner table my parents are very good at sharing the things that they were doing. And almost treating us like adults, talking about that. My mom was on the United Way group that decides how to allocate the money
]

:eek: Sounds like a very secular upbringing. I also avoid UW like the plague. While I applaud his charitable intent I sure wish he had a different attitude about what kinds of organizations to support
Lisa N

*Melinda is Catholic, goes to church and wants to raise Jennifer that way. “But she offered me a deal,” Gates says. “If I start going to church–my family was Congregationalist–then Jennifer could be raised in whatever religion I choose.” Gates admits that he is tempted, because he would prefer she have a religion that “has less theology and all” than Catholicism, but he has not yet taken up the offer. “Just in terms of allocation of time resources, religion is not very efficient,” he explains. “There’s a lot more I could be doing on a Sunday morning.”
This a quote online. Not sure how reliable the source. Here’s the link.
time.com/time/gates/cover6.html

rayne89 said:
*Melinda is Catholic, goes to church and wants to raise Jennifer that way. “But she offered me a deal,” Gates says. “If I start going to church–my family was Congregationalist–then Jennifer could be raised in whatever religion I choose.” Gates admits that he is tempted, because he would prefer she have a religion that “has less theology and all” than Catholicism, but he has not yet taken up the offer. “Just in terms of allocation of time resources, religion is not very efficient,” he explains. “There’s a lot more I could be doing on a Sunday morning.” *

This a quote online. Not sure how reliable the source. Here’s the link.
time.com/time/gates/cover6.html

This has to be one of the sickest world views I have ever heard.
Let’s see on his death bed will he be thinking of the extra billion deal he struck on the golf course Sunday. Or would he think of time spent with God and family on church Sunday.
At the end of our life God merely flashes a mirror.
If we reject God and his grace during our lifetime he rejects us.
If we accept God and his grace during our lifetime he accepts us

I don’t know how things will end up for Mr. Gates but its a very dangerous path he seems to be headed on.
God is waste of time Mr. Gates.
With all your billions you can’t take it with you so I think life is waste of time if you don’t take care of your spiritual life Mr Gates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back