Kudos to Bolton for telling it like it is (Steyn, hilarious)

• Thread starter Thread starter stumbler
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stumbler

BY MARK STEYN
SUN-TIMES COLUMNIST
March 20, 2005

Even if Paul Wolfowitz and John Bolton weren’t two of the more far-sighted thinkers in the Bush administration, appointing them respectively to the World Bank and the U.N. would be worth it just for the pleasure of watching the Europeans, the Democrats and the media go bananas over it.

The assumption seems to be that, with things going Bush’s way in Iraq, Lebanon, Egypt and Saudi Arabia, Bush needs to reach out by stiffing the counselors who called it right and appointing more emollient types who got everything wrong. Each to his own. But as I see it, the question isn’t why Wolfowitz and Bolton should hold these jobs, but why Kofi Annan, Jacques Chirac, John Kerry and assorted others still hold their jobs. . . .

suntimes.com/output/steyn/cst-edt-steyn202.html

40.png
stumbler:
BY MARK STEYN
SUN-TIMES COLUMNIST
March 20, 2005

But as I see it, the question isn’t why Wolfowitz and Bolton should hold these jobs, but why Kofi Annan, Jacques Chirac, John Kerry and assorted others still hold their jobs. . . .

l
Chirac and Kerry were elected. Are newspaper columnists better placed to choose Senators and Presidents than voters?

40.png
Matt25:
Chirac and Kerry were elected. Are newspaper columnists better placed to choose Senators and Presidents than voters?
Kerry represents a small State. He doesn’t represent me nor most of the United States.

Chirac, well, he’s France’s problem. But will probably be a good ally in Lebanon. But as a modern day de Gaulle I wouldn’t trust him very far.

40.png
Matt25:
Chirac and Kerry were elected.
Non sequitur. Steyn wasn’t asking how they got there, but why they remain (after being so wrong about so many things).
40.png
Matt25:
Are newspaper columnists better placed to choose Senators and Presidents than voters?
Non sequitur. Steyn did not advocate that columnists should choose Senators and Presidents. Are you advocating that commentators shouldn’t comment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back