J
japhy
Guest
I have read Card. Ratzinger’s The Spirit of the Liturgy. It would be nice for you to provide a quote, or at least a citation, from his book to explain your comment that “the the Liturgy is rite = rule”.Our pope said (Spirit of the Liturgy Ignatius 2000) the the Liturgy is rite = rule.
I agree that the liturgy has rules, and that sometimes these rules allow for options, and sometimes they do not. I have not argued that “the end … justifies the ways,” either for this boy or for anything else.The rule gives options for some occasions, and strict form for others. This is the nature of every regulations. The kid may have good intentions, but the end does not justifies the ways.
I did not say that people can do whatever they want after Communion. I said that the GIRM does not require uniformity of posture after Communion: the rule allows for options there. That is uniformity in the broad sense, that everyone has the same options, but it is not uniformity in the strict sense, that everyone must choose the same option.Ss for the kneeling or standing after receiving communion that GIRM allows local customs not the status that everyone can do whatever (s)he want.
I will appreciate very much if you will not attribute arguments or points of view to me that I did not state and do not espouse.I will appreciate very much if you will document that in public prayers anyone can follow his own inspirations.
I’m not your enemy.