Lamentations 3:33

  • Thread starter Thread starter CatholicZ09
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CatholicZ09

Guest
For he does not willingly bring affliction or grief to the children of men.
-Lamentations 3:33

I know of some who say that God sends natural disasters as punishments for our sins, some which even kill people, yet, doesn’t Lamentations 3:33 disprove that?

Although I hate speaking about them, doesn’t this prove Westboro Baptist Church wrong when the go out with their signs saying “God Sent the Shooter”?
 
No, I do not think that it disproves that God punishes people on Earth. Think of Sodom and Gomorrah. No God does not willingly bring affliction to His people, but God is smart and knows that unfortunately we sometimes need punishment. I personally think that all of the earthquakes recently can be seen as signs from God to remember death!

Pax
 
No, I do not think that it disproves that God punishes people on Earth. Think of Sodom and Gomorrah. No God does not willingly bring affliction to His people, but God is smart and knows that unfortunately we sometimes need punishment. I personally think that all of the earthquakes recently can be seen as signs from God to remember death!

Pax
This is true. I also think that God doesn’t bring upon wrath to us for the most part, but we sometimes bring it upon ourselves. I can understand how he feels we may need punishment here and there.
 
This is true. I also think that God doesn’t bring upon wrath to us for the most part, but we sometimes bring it upon ourselves. I can understand how he feels we may need punishment here and there.
I think that you have given your query the right reply: God does not cause evil to befall upon man but God will not protect the wicked and the nonBelievers from a natural catastrophy. Conversely, some innocent do die on both the hands of the wicked and due to natural events (St. Matthew 24:4-25; Ezekiel 18:1-32)

Maran atha!

Angel
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top