C
Corki
Guest
Can someone settle a disagreement, please? If you have any documents, that would be helpful too.
I have had several people, including one deacon, tell me that when someone is in danger of death, that a deacon can perform all of the “last” rites with the exception of Confession/Absolution. The deacon was very adamant that he can do the annointing and the Apostolic blessing as well as give Viaticum and say the prayers for the dying.
I have always thought that the Apostolic blessing and the annointing were reserved to priests. And, of course, absolution.
I have had several people, including one deacon, tell me that when someone is in danger of death, that a deacon can perform all of the “last” rites with the exception of Confession/Absolution. The deacon was very adamant that he can do the annointing and the Apostolic blessing as well as give Viaticum and say the prayers for the dying.
I have always thought that the Apostolic blessing and the annointing were reserved to priests. And, of course, absolution.