Tyndale was actually executed fro his political activities. He was opposed to the British monarchy. (Being Irish, I can

appreciate the feeling…Nonetheless, it was NOT over religion; he tried to use the Bible as a weapon against the king )
Treason is treason, whatever the religious faith of the traitor, and Tyndale was guilty. He was, in fact, not killed for translating the Bible into English. (Nor into Mandarin Chinese, for that matter). It was a lousy translation, but the real problem was that he intentionally mistranslated passages to make them sound like they supported his agenda…kind of like, (ahem, cough, cough) the Jehovah Witnesses’ translation of the Bible, as a matter of fact.
Which leads me to my second point:** If** her parents were ever “denied a copy of the Bible”, it is just barely possible that someone who loathes the JW’s

profanity deleted] “bible” as much as I do, saw that they had one, & told them to “throw that [obscenity deleted] in the fire where it belongs; you’d be better off without a Bible at all, than have that



deleted] taking up space”.
In fact, now that I think of it, I** have** said that to someone! Not in Africa, & not to an actual JW, but that
is what I THINK every time I see one of the bluidy things. (I once used one to line a garbage can, actually).
Of course, I use a** lot** of [extremely rude tho not entirely obscene adjective] things to line garbage cans & my cat’s litter box, but I’m
Irish…as I think :blush:I may have mentioned…