Lay Siege to Heaven by Louis deWohl - Question

  • Thread starter Thread starter civilwar
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

civilwar

Guest
I’ve been reading “Lay Siege to Heaven” by Louis deWohl, about the life of Saint Catherine of Siena. I’ve really enjoyed it, even if it is a little overly-sentimental.

There is a point in it (page 184) where two bishops are discussing one of her letters to a Pope (I think) and they quote her letter as saying certain things (too long for me to type out). But I’m just wondering if this is an actual extract from one of her letters, or just fictional. I hope it is real because I really love it.

Any information about this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

P.S I have googled part of the quote, but found nothing. If me posting the actual text will help, I can do that.
 
I’ve been reading “Lay Siege to Heaven” by Louis deWohl, about the life of Saint Catherine of Siena. I’ve really enjoyed it, even if it is a little overly-sentimental.

There is a point in it (page 184) where two bishops are discussing one of her letters to a Pope (I think) and they quote her letter as saying certain things (too long for me to type out). But I’m just wondering if this is an actual extract from one of her letters, or just fictional. I hope it is real because I really love it.

Any information about this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

P.S I have googled part of the quote, but found nothing. If me posting the actual text will help, I can do that.
Why not read a book on her life and find out for yourself or read her diary?

Linus2nd
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top