S
Shuttlepiper
Guest
My beloved son is coming home from his LDS mission next week. He had a reasonably good time and feels good about his missionary accomplishments.
So first, when he left I was an apostatized Catholic in the LDS Church. During his mission I put off coming home to Rome until I couldn’t any longer, and on May 30th I went to Confession and Holy Communion thus returning to the Catholic Church.
His reaction while on his mission was, understandably, that of shock and dismay. HJis strategy in his communication with me was just to parrot the Mormon doctrine and to try not to talk about anything substantial.
With his coming home and his living with his mother (LDS) and me (Catholic) I don’t really know how to re-establish a relationship with him and just, at this point, to show him that I am at peace.
I’m looking for any advice on how to build a relationship with him without our respective religions interfering in a natural, normal father-son relationship. The last thing I want to do is to alienate him because of religion.
He will be living with us for a few months prior to his starting at BYU-I.
Thanks,
Slainte
So first, when he left I was an apostatized Catholic in the LDS Church. During his mission I put off coming home to Rome until I couldn’t any longer, and on May 30th I went to Confession and Holy Communion thus returning to the Catholic Church.
His reaction while on his mission was, understandably, that of shock and dismay. HJis strategy in his communication with me was just to parrot the Mormon doctrine and to try not to talk about anything substantial.
With his coming home and his living with his mother (LDS) and me (Catholic) I don’t really know how to re-establish a relationship with him and just, at this point, to show him that I am at peace.
I’m looking for any advice on how to build a relationship with him without our respective religions interfering in a natural, normal father-son relationship. The last thing I want to do is to alienate him because of religion.
He will be living with us for a few months prior to his starting at BYU-I.
Thanks,
Slainte