Learn how to make all-twine knotted Rosaries (and get a free one)

• Thread starter Thread starter RosaryArmy
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RosaryArmy

Greetings, all. I hope this doesn’t sound like a commercial, but I’d like to invite everyone to visit www.RosaryArmy.com and request a free all-twine knotted Rosary.

Rosary Army is a non-profit Catholic apostolate dedicated to making, praying, and giving away these kinds of Rosaries, and encouraging others to do the same.

We also have several different types of instructions available on our website (including online videos) so you can learn how to make these easy Rosaries to give away to others.

Though we have a similar forum on the RA page, we’re not an apologetics-based site, so I’m looking forward to getting to know some of you here on the Catholic Answers Forums.

I’ve just taken up making wire and bead rosaries, so I will definately check out your site.

Thanks!

There are a lot of people who visit Rosary Army who do both kinds of Rosaries.

It’s kind of funny but I’ve made countless all-twine knotted Rosaries now but I’m still intimidated by the idea of making the bead and wire kind, though many of them are really very nice.

So kudos to you for already doing the beaded kind and not being afraid to try the knotted kind, too.

Thanks!!!

I also make rosaries to give them away, but I normally use the wires (or pins) with beads because I didn’t know how to make the knots.

Pax et bonum

Carlos

thanks RosaryArmyfor the website and info. on the knotted rosaries. I have always wanted to know how to make them. Where can I find out how the make rosaries from wire and beads? Can anyone direct me to a website, group or good book to read on this? Joe

Thank you for the Rosary Web Site. I’ve shared it with my friends and family.

I have the beaded Rosary, and I seem toi break it alot, since I always have it in my pocket.The Twine Rosary sounds like its for me !

Thanks Again

I’m glad you all have enjoyed the site. We’ve already gotten our first requests from someone who found out about us from the Catholic.com forum! We’ll be sending them Rosaries tomorrow.

40.png
joenp:
thanks RosaryArmyfor the website and info. on the knotted rosaries. I have always wanted to know how to make them. Where can I find out how the make rosaries from wire and beads? Can anyone direct me to a website, group or good book to read on this? Joe
Hi Joe, you can contact Our Lady’s Rosary Makers in Kentucky at (502) 968-1434 and they can set you up with materials and instructions on doing wire and bead rosaries. One caution, though, their preferred method is to make chain and eyepins out of one continuous coil of wire—this takes forever :hmmm: until you are very practiced! Our rosary guild (we make rosaries to send to missions worldwide) generally uses pre-made eyepins and pre-made chain (also available from Our Lady’s Rosary Makers) for a much quicker rosary!
This is a very rewarding ministry!

Hello, all. As an addendum to this posting, we just added a Spanish version of these instructions on the Rosary Army website, which has also gone through a complete redesign this week.

Thanks for this great site! I order similar rosaries every year for my CCD class from volunteers who make them for the missions, etc. Now I can make my own and possibly use it as a class project.🙂

Awesome informaiton! Thanks for sharing your website!

I too am a rosary maker and was considering beginning a thread to find other rosary makers. I love to make very nice chain rosaries for gifts for people. I always give them to brides and grooms, and first communicants and other sacrament events. It is a unique handmade gift from the heart that they will cherish forever. I try to get the nicest materials that i can find. I purchase many supplies from Our Lady’s Rosary Makers in Louisville, KY and from Lewis Rosary Parts in New York. Lewis has an online store and ships quickly from credit card orders. I have also gotten some unusual beads from a huge mailorder jewelry making company called Fire Mountain Gems. They sell rosary making pliers way in the back of their huge catalog. I’ll include links to my favorite supply places.

**Rosary Making Instructions and Supplies **
Please share your tips on rosary making. I do use the premade eyepins and chain that i cut to length (14 pieces per rosary) at 5 or 7 links each. I like 7 - it’s the “perfect” number from scripture and makes a nice long and noble looking rosary.

I look forward to more ideas, :tiphat: Thanks in advance!!
ysic
mg

correction
Lewis Rosary Parts from Troy New York is available online at
rosaryparts.com/

They have great products and speedy service. But Our Lady’s Rosary Makers has the best prices and variety of qualities of rosary parts – from the least expensive mission rosary parts to gold and silver findings and exquisite imported crystal beads. olrm.win.net/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back