Learning to shed racism

  • Thread starter Thread starter YourNameHere
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to ask, how many threads on racism do we need this week?
I think the horse is dead, beaten into jerky, eaten and wrapper thrown in the trash at this point.
 
Last edited:
Sorry my threads seem to tick you off, T_B.
You need not read them.
The topic (racism) is not dead, because it is in the news time and again.
Until the people of America understand that the problems we face have an effect on us all, it will be hard for us to overcome those problems. But the politicians want to divide us by race, religion, culture, etc., along with liberal, middle of the road, and conservative. Why? Because if we fight among ourselves over this, that, or the other, we will not focus on the real problem which is political rhetoric. But the politicians try to divide and conquer us, instead of seeking solutions to our problems.
The true strength of America lies within the diversity of its people. Different racial, religious, and cultural backgrounds. But Americans all.
E pluribus unum. Out of many, one.
 
Last edited:
I’m actually offended by the title. I am a southerner, and have never been a racist.
 
Everyone in the south is NOT a racist.
I live in the south. I respect people for who they are and how they conduct themselves. It has nothing to do with the pigment of their skin, their background, culture, or stuff like that.
There are good people and there are bad people, but it has nothing to do with race.
 
Last edited:
The person in the YouTube video is a self-proclaimed southerner telling his story. So don’t be offended. I know there are people all across this country who have been at where he once was.
 
But the politicians want to divide us by race, religion, culture, etc., along with liberal, middle of the road, and conservative. Why? Because if we fight among ourselves over this, that, or the other, we will not focus on the real problem which is political rhetoric. But the politicians try to divide and conquer us, instead of seeking solutions to our problems.
Very true! This right here is the main problem. Yes, racism does exist, but what keeps the flames going more than anything else is the politicians.

Back in the day, there were outstanding civil rights leaders like the REV Dr. Martin Luther King (I am highlighted REV because secular society likes to pretend he wasn’t a Reverend.), but their were also men like George Washington Carver, Booker T. Washington, etc.

These men taught people how to respect oneself and each other.

Today, we have so-called civil rights advocates who just want to use Saul Alinsky type tactics to constantly present an “us vs them” narrative.

For example, just the other day, AOC claimed that being against communism was a form of white supremacy!

As someone who is part Puerto Rican and who has an African American nephew, what I find most obscene about all of this is that society is starting label people who don’t have a single racist bone in their body as racists just because we don’t agree with their economic/social agenda.

I was listening to a radio show several months ago where the conservative host was called a racist and told that he needed to check his white privilege by a liberal (and white) member of the media or politician (I don’t remember which). The host responded, “I’m black! How do you expect me to check my so-called white privilege!” The other person then tried to back peddle by saying the black host was influenced by white society, etc… but it was a losing argument.

I once dated a crop duster’s daughter. He told her she wasn’t allowed to see me anymore because I have tan skin. When she said I get dark partly because of my Italian side (my mom is Puerto Rican and my dad part Italian), the crop duster said that Italy was too close to Africa!

So I get it… I was the butt of racist jokes made against Puerto Ricans and Italians my whole childhood (made by BOTH blacks and whites).

But I will never judge an entire group by the actions of jerks & bigots. I still remember when I was in my 20s, I was talking to a liberal Baby boomer from Northern New Jersey. She didn’t know my mom was Puerto Rican and thought I was just Italian because of my Italian last name. I mentioned I wanted to go to Six Flags, and without hesitation, she said, “you don’t want to go there, there are too many Puerto Ricans there this weekend.” But when I’m in the South, I see plenty of neighborhoods where whites live next to blacks and hispanics all in the same neighborhood. Something I rarely see in Northern Suburbs.

I can go on and on, but it doesn’t matter because AOC and her “Squad” want to label faithful Christians as bigots and people who don’t approve of communism as racists. 😖
 
Last edited:
Some faithful Christians are bigots. Ku Klux Klan members are huge Christians.
We as non politicians need to set an example for folks on all sides of the political gambit. We refused to hate our brothers and sisters based on race.
 
Some faithful Christians are bigots. Ku Klux Klan members are huge Christians.
I’m sorry, but members of the KKK are not “huge Christians.” They might identify as Christian, but that’s like calling made men in the mob “huge Catholics” – they are not.

There comes a point where a person’s actions (aka works) are so out of line with Christ that they are simply lying to themselves and others by identifying as Christian.

Being in the KKK flies in the face of the Bible. You cannot be a faithful Christian and a KKK member at the same time. It’s like trying to identify as atheist and Christian at the same time. You can’t do it.
 
Last edited:
Some faithful Christians are bigots. Ku Klux Klan members are huge Christians.
We as non politicians need to set an example for folks on all sides of the political gambit. We refused to hate our brothers and sisters based on race.
No. Klansmen are not “huge Christians”. They might call themselves Christians but what they practice and preach is hatred and cruelty–the direct opposite of what Christ both practiced and told us to practice.

Also yes, some Christians ae bigots. But any Christian who is a bigot is acting in defiance of the will of their God.
 
Last edited:
They think of themselves as Christians. They are not. But they believe they are Christians
 
They believe they are Christians. They are faithful to their belief. And there are bigots.
 
Some faithful Christians are bigots. Ku Klux Klan members are huge Christians.
I would also like to say this… members of KKK hijacked the name of Christianity for their rituals. They are demonic. By simply saying that faithful Christians can be in the KKK is the exact kind of confusion the devil wants.

The evil one wants people to believe that faithful Christians can be bigots, in order to further damage the Christian identity.

We need to take the Christian label back from the forces of darkness.
 
Last edited:
I agree Phil. I definitely agree. I do not know how anyone who advocates what KKKers do could call themselves Christian.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top