T
Tom
Guest
It seems to me some people are looking for the absolute minimum they need to do to attain their salvation.
Must I do A, B, And C? Or can I skip C? Can I “be saved” by simply doing “D” and skip A, B, & C?
That’s not Gods message to me. God wants me to love Him first and foremost. If I truly love Him I will want to do as much as I possibly can, not the least I can, and I need to do EVERYTHING out of love, not because I “need to” or “have to”.
I’m a little tired of the “works” debate. No, you don’t have to do anything you don’t want to do; God will be so very pleased with you for trying to sneak into heaven doing the absolute minimum. Read Scripture, Jesus tells us about those who want to do the least.
I don’t “need to” go to a priest for confession, I go straight to God, even though Jesus teaches us He gave His power to absolve sins to the Apostles and their successors.
I don’t “need to” receive the Eucharist, even though Jesus repeatedly tells us this IS His body and blood, and calls us to “do this in remembrance” of Him. After all it must only be symbolic right?
Must I do A, B, And C? Or can I skip C? Can I “be saved” by simply doing “D” and skip A, B, & C?
That’s not Gods message to me. God wants me to love Him first and foremost. If I truly love Him I will want to do as much as I possibly can, not the least I can, and I need to do EVERYTHING out of love, not because I “need to” or “have to”.
I’m a little tired of the “works” debate. No, you don’t have to do anything you don’t want to do; God will be so very pleased with you for trying to sneak into heaven doing the absolute minimum. Read Scripture, Jesus tells us about those who want to do the least.
I don’t “need to” go to a priest for confession, I go straight to God, even though Jesus teaches us He gave His power to absolve sins to the Apostles and their successors.
I don’t “need to” receive the Eucharist, even though Jesus repeatedly tells us this IS His body and blood, and calls us to “do this in remembrance” of Him. After all it must only be symbolic right?