Leaving the left

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sirach14
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow great article. Thank you for posting. This guy was talking about my life as well, right down to campaigning for Mc Govern and McCarthy. I honestly remembering being terrified by Reagan’s words at the time. Now I look back and realize he was right all along.

Truly what I do NOT understand about the “progressives” is that they want all these freedoms for themselves but not for ‘those other people.’ Where did that idealism go? The people marching to Selma and risking their own lives now begrudge a volunteer, well trained and competent army trying to free another oppressed people. The author is right. They hate George Bush so much they’d throw anyone under the bus wheels if it would hurt him in any way.

Lisa N
 
*“Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has no heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains.”
  • – Winston Churchill
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top