Lectio Divina -Try it!

  • Thread starter Thread starter scapularkid8
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually thought of starting this as well. I been recentley contemplating the idea of bieng in the third order of carmelite myself.
This is something I have also felt attracted to, but have no idea how to go about it when I live overseas.
 
God must be giving me a push . . . This weekend I was visiting my mother and her church’s (a very liberal Presbyterian community) bulletin had a little paragraph that really caught my eye
Lectio Divina is the ancient practice of “holy reading.” Lectio Divina is a way of hearing God through the reading and praying of scripture. Lectio Divina usually begins with a short passage (you can use the one above if you like). You will read the passage three times. The first time read the whole passage through (you can do this silently or aloud) so you hear the whole passage. Pause. The second time you read the passage, listen for the word or phrase that “shimmers” or calls you to pay attention to it. Pause. Read the passage a third time paying close attention to the passage that “shimmered.” When you are done with your third reading, pray or breath the word or phrase that presented itself to you. Allow that word or phrase to speak to you, to guide your thinking or your meditation. After a time of prayer, thank God for God’s word to you.
And now that I’m back home, here you are discussing the same topic! Guess that means I should explore it a bit further . . .
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top