Lectio Divina

  • Thread starter Thread starter Warandpeace
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lectio Divina is one of my favorite ways to pray. It 's a traditional way, and I find it really helpful. Do you incorporate this practice into your prayer life? What do you find are the fruits of praying in this way? Here’s a quite guide on how to get started if you aren’t familiar with it!
focus.org/blog/posts/do-the-lectio-3-step-an-easy-illustrated-guide-to-praying-lectio-divina.html
Thank you for this great explanation, Very helpful, never really understood it this much before. God Bless, Memaw
 
Brilliant guide. Thank you as this was a prayer method I was hoping to start practicing. I am a new Catholic initiated this Easter so I am always in need of guidance in all areas at the moment 😊
 
Lectio Divina is one of my favorite ways to pray. It 's a traditional way, and I find it really helpful. Do you incorporate this practice into your prayer life? What do you find are the fruits of praying in this way? Here’s a quite guide on how to get started if you aren’t familiar with it!
focus.org/blog/posts/do-the-lectio-3-step-an-easy-illustrated-guide-to-praying-lectio-divina.html
Thank you for this link. I find that Lectio requires a real change from the way I usually read, and changing long-established habits is not easy! In school, I learned to read for information or entertainment. Reading can then become either a chore, or something to accomplish, like, “I need to finish this book, so I can start the next one.” Lectio Divina calls for a very different frame of mind, and as I say, it does not come “naturally” for me. But I’m working on it.
 
Lectio Divina is one of my favorite ways to pray. It 's a traditional way, and I find it really helpful. Do you incorporate this practice into your prayer life? What do you find are the fruits of praying in this way? Here’s a quite guide on how to get started if you aren’t familiar with it!
focus.org/blog/posts/do-the-lectio-3-step-an-easy-illustrated-guide-to-praying-lectio-divina.html
Thank you, I bookmarked the page.

I recently started praying the Rosary daily and found it somewhat difficult to incorporate something else to my daily prayer journey and felt I was rushing thru the prayers and the mysteries.

So I decided to use Lectio Divina in my daily rosary prayer. I wanted to reflect not only on that particular mystery that I was praying, but also the words of Scripture that enfold the particular mystery.

I also include that mystery’s “fruit of the mystery” that I am praying for myself and the person that I am offering the pray for. I also think about the person that I am praying for.

So for example, I am on the Second Sorrowful Mystery - The Scourging at the Pillar. The Bible Verse is from John 19:1 “Pilate’s next move was to take Jesus and have Him scourged.” The fruit of the mystery that I would like for myself to grow in my soul and the person I am praying for is “purity”.

I am also praying that Mystery all day so as to remember what the 2nd sorrowful mystery is and to really reflect on it.

The way I incorporate Lectio Divina is for this particular mystery, the word “scourged” is the Bible word that caught my attention. How do I “scourge” others when I pass judgment on them or say words that are mean. How did Jesus feel when he was scourged and he was pure. He said nothing so perhaps when I am about to say something mean I will remember Jesus’ humility during his scourging and I will say something nice instead of fueling the fire with mean words.
 
Lectio Divina is one of my favorite ways to pray. It 's a traditional way, and I find it really helpful. Do you incorporate this practice into your prayer life? What do you find are the fruits of praying in this way? Here’s a quite guide on how to get started if you aren’t familiar with it!
focus.org/blog/posts/do-the-lectio-3-step-an-easy-illustrated-guide-to-praying-lectio-divina.html
Very cool. I was fairly involved with Lectio Divina, but got away from it. This will be a good opportunity to take it up again with a new framework, Thanks!
 
Thanks for the responses! I’m so glad to hear the different responses. I will take it to prayer. God bless!

christofirst, I sometimes find that I also get a bit too rushed and greedy? in my prayer life.

peace2u2, your detailed response was very thought provoking.

Rachel4141, welcome to the Catholic Church 😃
 
Thank you WarandPeace 🙂 it has been an incredibly long journey but I am home at last!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top