:tsktsk:Well I am not sure I share every ones seditment on this subject. For myself When I have a reading to do I spend time in prayer everyday and ask our lord to prepare the hearts of the assembly to receive his word and then I ask him to use me his humble servant and let his Holy Spirit to speak through me.
I read it over and over and over so I am familar with the passage and then I am in prayer again. as a Lector you are proclaiming the Holy Word of GOD to ppl some who never pen their Bible and other who do. any tim eI am unsure I visit severql Biblical website that will tell you how to prounce every word in the lector book.
I can always tell when someone has not even taken the time to even read through it one time. and it is very sad if you are not willing to take the time to get familar with your reading why do you want to read durning the mass???
I would encourage everyone who is a lector no matter how great a reader or speaker to spend some time to familize your self with the passage you are fixing to read and also let GOD speak through you. :tsktsk:
To me being a lector is more of a calling in That GOD will call you to do this for hm not the other way around.
I would think in other Churches that there is some sort of training for the prospective lectors. Our Church does have training and there are always a lot of ppl who want to be lectors, but unfortuntaly they are not cut out for the Job And yes we give everyone the chance to be a lector, but if you can not do the required job which is to proclaim the Holy Word of GOD then you are not scheduled anymore.

I guess what I am saying is that alot of ppl want to read but are not willing to put the time into reading and being a good lector. A nd then there are the ppl who just think they can read kinda like singing

Not know too many ppl who not able ot carry a tune that are asked to sing a solo in Church lol I have been really doing a lot of prayful reading and working on hte readings this past week only have 2 for new years and then the 2nd the next time i read so I have to read a whole lot for there are some ppl in our Church who do not like ppl who stumble over words or can not understand the lector who is reading. and yeas a lot of them are older ppl who may have a harder time following a reader who is not prepared.
Any way just my thoughts on how to be a better lector.