S
sires6
Guest
Ok, so I decided to start on a lengthy fast. I am fasting for spiritual reasons, 40 Days for Life, and for the RCIA candidates in our Church.
What’s the longest you have fasted?
Did you juice or water fast?
How did you know to stop?
My spiritual reason is (yes, I’m sharing but this is the only place I knew to come to for real Catholic help! other than our very busy Military priest) for breaking of my obsession with food. I am obese at 32% BMI and though I don’t “look” fat, I am carrying way too much weight.
Has anyone else ever fasted to break this kind of spiritual warfare? What prayers helped you? When did your hunger stop, as I have heard that many stop being hungry after a time?
I am not really struggling too much, as I am drinking juice and when the food seems to be overwhelming me (the smell of home made pizza almost had me break my fast) but I don’t know when and how to stop when I am ready or when my body is ready.
Thoughts, questions, helps, tips, and places for support are all greatly appreciated.
What’s the longest you have fasted?
Did you juice or water fast?
How did you know to stop?
My spiritual reason is (yes, I’m sharing but this is the only place I knew to come to for real Catholic help! other than our very busy Military priest) for breaking of my obsession with food. I am obese at 32% BMI and though I don’t “look” fat, I am carrying way too much weight.
Has anyone else ever fasted to break this kind of spiritual warfare? What prayers helped you? When did your hunger stop, as I have heard that many stop being hungry after a time?
I am not really struggling too much, as I am drinking juice and when the food seems to be overwhelming me (the smell of home made pizza almost had me break my fast) but I don’t know when and how to stop when I am ready or when my body is ready.
Thoughts, questions, helps, tips, and places for support are all greatly appreciated.