G
goforgoal
Guest
When my mom, my aunt, my uncle, and I went to Church our Priest explained what Lent means.
WHAT DOES THE WORD “LENT” MEAN?
The word Lent is apparently derived from the Old English lencten, which means “lengthen.” It refers to the lengthening of the daylight hours that occurs in the northern hemisphere as spring approaches. It is in this period of transition from late winter to early spring that the season of Lent falls.
Our Priest explained the above but I also copied it from the following site stpaulskingsville.org/lent.htm
Our Priest also said, “I know a lot of you are giving up this or that for Lent. Give up on sinning.” He also said, " Ash Wednesday the start of Lent is basically “springing cleaning for the soul”"
Here are some sites that I hope will help you out:
wau.org/meditations/current/
onlineministries.creighton.edu/CollaborativeMinistry/daily.html
pray-as-you-go.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=A4kEtiRM3o4&feature=related
youtube.com/watch?v=WKKynzxuJRs
youtube.com/watch?v=bF93J9NoAzY&feature=related
youtube.com/watch?v=UlYObXW2DAY
goforgoal
WHAT DOES THE WORD “LENT” MEAN?
The word Lent is apparently derived from the Old English lencten, which means “lengthen.” It refers to the lengthening of the daylight hours that occurs in the northern hemisphere as spring approaches. It is in this period of transition from late winter to early spring that the season of Lent falls.
Our Priest explained the above but I also copied it from the following site stpaulskingsville.org/lent.htm
Our Priest also said, “I know a lot of you are giving up this or that for Lent. Give up on sinning.” He also said, " Ash Wednesday the start of Lent is basically “springing cleaning for the soul”"
Here are some sites that I hope will help you out:
wau.org/meditations/current/
onlineministries.creighton.edu/CollaborativeMinistry/daily.html
pray-as-you-go.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=A4kEtiRM3o4&feature=related
youtube.com/watch?v=WKKynzxuJRs
youtube.com/watch?v=bF93J9NoAzY&feature=related
youtube.com/watch?v=UlYObXW2DAY
goforgoal