Lent

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ilovejesus1234
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Ilovejesus1234

Guest
I have a question is there any rule stating I must fast or abstain on Easter Sunday, or does this only apply to Ash Wednesday, Fridays of Lent, and Good Friday

Also I found this on the USCCB, what does it mean, and is it required:

“If possible, the fast on Good Friday is continued until the Easter Vigil (on Holy Saturday night) as the “paschal fast” to honor the suffering and death of the Lord Jesus, and to prepare ourselves to share more fully and to celebrate more readily his Resurrection.”

usccb.org/prayer-and-worship/liturgical-year/lent/catholic-information-on-lenten-fast-and-abstinence.cfm
 
Easter Day means no more lent. It is the day of the resurrection. So it’s a feast day.

The Easter Vigil Mass begins on Saturday around 8:00 - 9:00 PM, I think, and goes through midnight and ends close to 1:00 AM I think.

It’s very cool, but it’s the longest mass of the year, too, and is optional.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top