Lest anyone make my mistake

  • Thread starter Thread starter mrsjennymulhall
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mrsjennymulhall

Guest
A blessed Ash Wednesday to you all! 🙂

I’d like to share something which happened today; just in case anyone else might make my mistake. Of course; I might be the only person to be so careless…

I look after three relatives and, as luck would have it (!) all three were dosed when I got them up this morning. :eek: Not wanting to take them out into the cold, I went to Mass by myself and brought a wee jar for ashes and my Pyx to carry home the Eucharist.

I should add that two of the three can go out; my father in law only leaves the house for Dialysis, so I bring his Eucharist home to him every Sunday, plus one for a lady up the lane who is housebound.

After receiving communion, I requested four Eucharist for poorly parishioners from the parish priest; our lovely and beloved Fr. Tanham. To my mortification and shame, he brought my attention to tiny crumbs in the empty pyx and advised me to mix these with water and drink them, once the Eucharist had been given to my family. He said “There is infinite grace in even the tiniest speck of Our Lord’s body.”

Of course, I knew this! How could I not? But how could I have been so careless?

So here is my embarrassment as a lesson to you all; as well as a gentle reminder…

There might be a sweet old gentleman or lady of your parish, who miss and badly need the comfort of the Eucharist during this season of Lent. If you can, offer to bring it to them after daily or weekly Mass. Just be a little more careful and respectful than I was!

😊
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top