Let Us Pray For Jerry Falwell

• Thread starter Thread starter rastell
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rastell

Let us pray for Jerry Falwell, founder of the Moral Majority, and one of the top protestant pro-life, pro-family leaders, who is hospitalized in critical condition.

I did a quick Web search on him and the Catholic Church and was surprised at the volume of material on the Web by anti-Catholics who criticized Falwell for his favorable relations with Catholics and the Church. An example of a few of the things they hate:

Falwell said he knew “… many Catholic priests who are born again and who preach the same message I do.”

In 1990, Falwell said, “I remember some years ago when evangelical Christians were not in the [pro-life] movement and the Roman Catholics and a few other groups … were carrying the burden … But that’s in the past.” He called on conservative Protestants to join with Catholics “in the 1990s to bring an end to the nation’s sin [abortion] before the 21st century.”

I will! This is so strange two nights ago he was interviewed about Terri Schiavo and he said if he is in that situation he wants his tubes.He said society has gon way off base when it come to life issues.He went on to explain when he was growing up when relatives were dying people gathered together to keep that person around longer and took care of them,they didn’t put a pillow over their head:ehh: He made his point bless his heart.God Bless You

40.png
aimee:
Jerry Falwell…wonder what happened?

He will be in my prayers
I believe it is a recurring bout with pneumonia.

40.png
aimee:
Jerry Falwell…wonder what happened?

He will be in my prayers
Viral pnuemonia,he is on a respirator and in critical condition:nope:

40.png
Lisa4Catholics:
Viral pnuemonia,he is on a respirator and in critical condition:nope:
Yes and apparently he seemed to be recovering, was in the pulpit on Easter Sunday and apparently atttended a sports event for Liberty College. I pray he will be healed.

Lisa N

The man who offered him the name “Moral Majority” is a Catholic, Paul Weyrich.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back