I appreciate the direction. But the only statement about the 10 Commandments is a non-statement: it says that "pople forget, on the one hand, that Jesus’ twin commands of love, to “love God with all your heart, soul, and strength” and “your neighbor as yourself " (Mt.22:37–40) are taken directly from the Old Testament (Deut. 6:5 and Lev. 19:18). “On these two commandments,” Jesus says, “depend all the law and the prophets,””
That is the only use of the word “commandments” in the article.
Thus, I read it that the 10 Commandments, like the rest of the law, were overcome/overturned by the coming of Jesus.
Now, I do agree that the various commandments were (mostly) reiterated by Jesus separately at various points, never does the NT SAY the 10 Commandments are somehow removed from the law.
Does anyone have an actual Church doctrine stating the 10 Commandments are still binding? And a reason why? I see no reason why…Even the chapter in exodus that includes the 10 C also includes other laws to be followed. And the following chapters aren’t separated by some big note that they are different.
Thank you for any help with this!
Jennie