Lifes regrets

  • Thread starter Thread starter miller_john
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

miller_john

Guest
Does the Bible give us any guidance regarding having regrets in your life. I have so many,
things I should have done, and things I should not have done.:confused:

Blessings to you all.
 
Sure, there are many examples, but the important thing we believe is that all the suffering in this world (in whatever form it may come–regrets included, which many people have) is not the last word. All suffering in this world is temporal, as in not-eternal. It’s dust and it is not where we finally set our sights. The only definitive “failure” a human being can commit in life is to die without submitting himself to Christ*Revelation 21:4 He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning nor crying nor pain any more, for the former things have passed away.*Also, any sin we commit can be erased by the blood of Christ, no matter how wicked the sin. A confession cleanses us. :o
 
Does the Bible give us any guidance regarding having regrets in your life. I have so many,
things I should have done, and things I should not have done.:confused:

Blessings to you all.
If it is past sins, then you should trust that God forgives you (I assume you went to Confession, or else you wouldn’t truly regret these acts) and walk away from those regrets.

But if its the effects of these actions (or inactions) that you regret, how about trying to make amends for those actions (or inactions)?

Jesus’ teachings on forgiveness, and how complete it is, should reveal my point.
 
Does the Bible give us any guidance regarding having regrets in your life. I have so many,
things I should have done, and things I should not have done.:confused:

Blessings to you all.
Yes.
10 Jesus looked up and said to her, “Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?” 11 She said, “No one, Lord.” And Jesus said, “Neither do I condemn you; go, and do not sin again.”
John 8:​
To me this means to repent, accept the mercy of God, and resolve to sin no more.
 
Does the Bible give us any guidance regarding having regrets in your life. I have so many,
things I should have done, and things I should not have done.:confused:

Blessings to you all.
Offer the sufferings that they cause you up as penance for sins. You’ll be surprised at how much better you’ll feel because you just stole a tool of the devil out of his hands and gave it to Our Lord. 👍
 
Does the Bible give us any guidance regarding having regrets in your life.
  • Moses was barred from the Promised Land because he murdered an Egyptian. He got over it.
  • Also, look up the context of Psalm 51 (the one that starts “Have mercy on me O God”) for another example of regrets.
  • On the other hand, compare the story of Judas. He didn’t get over it.
  • See the story of the servant with only one talent.
  • Do you think Adam had any regrets? 😃
  • What about Peter, and how did he handle it?
  • Look up King Manasseh and see how he fell from grace and got over it.
  • By contrast, look up Michal to see what happens when you don’t get over it.
 
Offer the sufferings that they cause you up as penance for sins. You’ll be surprised at how much better you’ll feel because you just stole a tool of the devil out of his hands and gave it to Our Lord. 👍
I second this advice. By your prayer, you can unite with Christ’s Passion (1 Pet 4:13) from whence spiritual power comes to us.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top