List of Catholic Groups / Societies / Organisations

• Thread starter Thread starter Dempsey1919
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dempsey1919

I would love to join a Catholic group as a means of enriching my spiritual life and in order to meet other Catholics socially.

I don’t have any Catholic friends and everyone at the Mass I attend is older than me. I’m 21 and most are in their 50’s to 80’s.

I’ve seen many groups aimed towards the youth, but I don’t fit in with them as I am a traditional Catholic. I prefer the Tridentine Mass and attend that almost exclusively. I also prefer the traditional spirituality such as the Rosary. At the youth groups that I have seen, they have Taize prayer meetings and they celebrate very liberal N.O Masses.

With that in mind, could you please list all of the Catholic societies/organisations that you know in alphabetical order. Please write a little bit about the group if you can please.

Here are the Societies within my diocese:
  • Apostleship of the Sea
  • Association of the Eucharist
  • Charismatic Renewal
  • Knights of Columba
  • Lay Carmelites
  • Youth 2000

Hello Dempsey
Have you considered full flight formation run by the community of saint john.They have regular retreats in England and they are loyal to the Magisterium.They have daily Mass and they follow the liturgy of the hours and pray the rosary and spend time in front of the Blessed Sacrament with lessons on philosophy thrown in.
They are not a Tridentine order but the young people attending are all loyal to the Church.They have a retreat at the end of February for a weekend in Brentwood Essex, contact this e-mail address for info-katherinedantanus@hotmail.com👍

I am in something of the same boat, only in Scotland.

Mind you, it may be something about me - my friends have always been at least 10 years older than me, usually!

Have you considered full flight formation run by the community of saint john.
What is the Community of St. John?

I was also thinking of becoming a Third Order Dominican, otherwise known as a Lay Dominican. Has anyone else done this? Has anyone joined any order as a tertiary?

What is the Community of St. John?

I was also thinking of becoming a Third Order Dominican, otherwise known as a Lay Dominican. Has anyone else done this? Has anyone joined any order as a tertiary?
www.stjean.com
A great community that is growing , I spoke to a English brother and he told me that from England alone they have about six brothers and six nuns.
When they run retreats they have brothers and nuns there to talk too.On the last retreat my daughter went on there was a very tall texan brother and the whole group had to clamber on board a very busy London underground train. So standing in full habit head and shoulders above every body he raised his bible and shouted out in a loud American accent “all practicing Catholics gather around me”.😃

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back