List of the Most Latinised Eastern Catholic Churches

• Thread starter Thread starter Elvis_George
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
šŸ˜œ 3 way tie then sure!
But that being said, there is a faction of the Syro Malabar church that celebrates the whole Qurbana ad populum (the Thrissur and Ernukuluam factions.) šŸ˜¦ The recent Synod however, has ā€œbannedā€ the practice all the approval from Rome is still in the process

For us Maronites, it was in large part the Crusaders. Many of our ancient liturgical books were burned and we had the Roman Canon forced on us (albeit in a Syriac translation).
No, Iā€™m not coming out of ā€œretirementā€ but thought Iā€™d chime-in with a few remarks on an ad-hoc basis.

It really wasnā€™t the Crusaders who were the pyromaniacs; in fact it was Dandini and his pitbulls in the XVI Century.

The story about that anaphora being a translation of Roman Canon has been around for years, and is more a product of the post-conciliar revisionists than anything else. Just compare the texts (even in English translation) and what I mean should be quite clear. Now, what was, in fact, more-or-less a translation from the Latin was the Institution Narrative. And even that wasnā€™t exactly identical. Keep in mind, too, that what replaced that text is an artificial creation of the what I call the Destruction Commission. Equally inauthentic.

I could go on and on about various things in this thread but I wonā€™t. What I will add, though, is that ā€œYou-Know-Whoā€ is correct in saying that things have regressed. And they continue to regress. Novus Ordo-style neo-latinizations reign supreme in the Maronite Church and, sadly, there is little hope of that changing anytime soon.

Thank you for your charitable correction, @malphono.

I sincerely wish you would come out of retirement and rejoin us here. Youā€™re always quite informative and I, for one, have always appreciated you sharing your in-depth knowledge.

I sincerely wish you would come out of retirement and rejoin us here. Youā€™re always quite informative and I, for one, have always appreciated you sharing your in-depth knowledge.
Thanks, Phillip. That was very nice of you to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back