R
Ruggere
Guest
Where can I find and download from the web regulations for Mass choirs encouraging them to help the people sing?
That one doesn’t have the force of law and only applies to the US. The documents listed by benedictgal are from Rome and DO have the force of law.Sing to the Lord on the USCCB website.
There is one thing you have to remember. According to the GIRM, the only things that can’t be sung by the choir alone are the acclamations and responses and the post-Communion hymn. Everything else, including the Gloria, includes the option “sung by the choir alone”.Where can I find and download from the web regulations for Mass choirs encouraging them to help the people sing?
I am aware of that. It is only a set of guidelines. However, it is more detailed than anything that has a force of law and I have found it helpful as a guide. It is not like it is some blog. It is, after all, on the USCCB website. I would think that at least someone in the United States besides myself might find it useful.That one doesn’t have the force of law and only applies to the US. The documents listed by benedictgal are from Rome and DO have the force of law.
usccb.org/liturgy/SingToTheLord.pdfWhat is the URL for “Sing to the Lord” on the USCCB web site? Thank you.