C
ClarkJaman
Guest
Hey everyone!
So theres this bazilian priest at my college who celebrates mass quite often, and hes kind of a quirky guy. He changes a lot of things up in the liturgy, mostly just small things, which I find to be helpful to better connect with whats going on. However, there is one thing that he does that has me really nervous.
Right after the lamb of God is recited (Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, grant us peace…)
I think theres a requirement that the priest saying the mass must consume the body AND the blood, isnt there? What should I do about this?
So theres this bazilian priest at my college who celebrates mass quite often, and hes kind of a quirky guy. He changes a lot of things up in the liturgy, mostly just small things, which I find to be helpful to better connect with whats going on. However, there is one thing that he does that has me really nervous.
Right after the lamb of God is recited (Lamb of God, you take away the sins of the world, grant us peace…)
- the priest usually holds up the body and blood, and says “this is the lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world, happy are we who are called to his supper.”
2)Next, the congregation replies with “Lord I am not worthy to receive you, but only say the word and I shall be healed.”
3)The priest then consumes the body and blood, and then administers the precious body and blood to the extrodinary ministers, and then they proceed to administer communion to the assembly.
I think theres a requirement that the priest saying the mass must consume the body AND the blood, isnt there? What should I do about this?