C
Cinette
Guest
*This fits in the category of a “coffee table Mass” - totally silly and unacceptable.So I went to Mass one day and the Priest before the Mass started said “It’s praise time!” which I guess is fine… but once the mass started I noticed 2 things:
I would like your thoughts and If any of you are familiar with Canon Law would appreciate references. Thank you
- When he did the Consecration he said “gave it to his friends” (not disciples) twice for both the bread and wine that were consecrated into the Body and Blood of Jesus Christ. Now I understand that Jesus calls his disciples “friends” in the Gospels BUT is this proper form for the Mass and is this made illicit or a sacrilege because of it?
- when it was time to say the Our Father the Priest came down from the Altar and walked up to the Front row of people and held hands with them facing the crowd… he stretched out his hands far because the pews were so far apart…
Cinette