S
surritter
Guest
We’ve all heard the term “liturgy” used when referring to the Mass. I’m questioning whether it is truly a synonym. Think about it: we have Liturgy of the Hours. And even within the Mass, we have the Liturgy of the Word and the Liturgy of the Eucharist.
To me that sounds like the Mass has two liturgies within it. Therefore, I’m thinking that liturgy shouldn’t be used as an identical term for Mass.
Am I being too literalistic here? Should people that refer to the “Sunday Liturgy” be gently reminded that it’s more proper to say “Sunday Mass”?
To me that sounds like the Mass has two liturgies within it. Therefore, I’m thinking that liturgy shouldn’t be used as an identical term for Mass.
Am I being too literalistic here? Should people that refer to the “Sunday Liturgy” be gently reminded that it’s more proper to say “Sunday Mass”?