Living as Brother and Sister

• Thread starter Thread starter Viki59
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
SueG:
Um, does no one else out there have small children that wander to mom and dad’s room all night long? Sure makes the brother-sister thing much easier to accomplish. 😛
:rotfl: Ever heard of door locks and monitors? 😃

40.png
Marie:
Sometimes God places us in situations we would not seek. But He knows why and that is all that matters in the end. Physical love is a gift from God which is part of the ordinary life of man and wife. Few take the time to learn to know one another and go beyond the physical bond. Having to live in a celibate marriage is not a curse. It can be a blessing if you recognise it as so and strive to do so with God’s grace. Having done so for 35 years, due to my husbands cancer when we were young marrieds in our 20’s, I know of which I speak.

Celibacy is something which is not that hard when you know it is what you are called to. And true love is NOT impaired by it…it grows more holy and beautiful in loving one another as best friends through thick and thin. 🙂
Thank you for this experience, as it is one that we have had put upon us and it is hard not to be resentful, for me anyway.

40.png
katy:
Thank you for this experience, as it is one that we have had put upon us and it is hard not to be resentful, for me anyway.
It is very hard, especially in the beginning when you cannot fathom how you are suppose to go on in a seemingly sterile and un thinkable situation. The hard part is listening to one another, and discussing it openly.

For better or worse, in sickness and in health, don’t mean much when there is no trouble to equate that part of the wedding vow. But when it lands on you…Prayer and love without measure (Gods Grace) will overcome the obstacles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back