A
admonsta
Guest
Does anyone else feel completely surrounded by unbelief? My brothers, most of my family, almost all of my friends are either non-Catholic or non practicing, make up their own rules Catholic. My way of life is very very different from all of them, even most of the families from our local parish.
I speak to mothers from the parish who throw in an offhand comment about birth control. A friend of mine was asked whether he was “one of the fathers” of my children. My brother posts facebook messages stating that people who believe in God should be smarter, and he’s even put some messages up that are very offensive to Mary. His sister-in-law proudly announced that Christians won’t like her because she is studying assisted fertility law, so she can help anyone, including gays and infertile couples to have babies. Another (married) friend tells me about her recent abortion, because her two other children wouldn’t cope with a new sibling. My Dad’s brothers are having long, often heated discussions about whether Richard Dawkins is an intellectual giant or an idiot.
I feel like people are looking at me like I’m a freak, and I can’t state my own views on things because they are based in Catholicism. I really think that if you are not looking at the issues from a Catholic basis, then the Catholic argument makes no sense.
I’m just feeling a bit down about the vastness of the blindness.
I’m scared for all those people. Oh dear God, what’s to become of us?
I speak to mothers from the parish who throw in an offhand comment about birth control. A friend of mine was asked whether he was “one of the fathers” of my children. My brother posts facebook messages stating that people who believe in God should be smarter, and he’s even put some messages up that are very offensive to Mary. His sister-in-law proudly announced that Christians won’t like her because she is studying assisted fertility law, so she can help anyone, including gays and infertile couples to have babies. Another (married) friend tells me about her recent abortion, because her two other children wouldn’t cope with a new sibling. My Dad’s brothers are having long, often heated discussions about whether Richard Dawkins is an intellectual giant or an idiot.
I feel like people are looking at me like I’m a freak, and I can’t state my own views on things because they are based in Catholicism. I really think that if you are not looking at the issues from a Catholic basis, then the Catholic argument makes no sense.
I’m just feeling a bit down about the vastness of the blindness.
