"Living Together Before ‘I Do,'" a Catholic Article

  • Thread starter Thread starter mdgspencer
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a very timely article for me, thank you for sharing.

Sometimes I have trouble remaining focused on waiting for marriage when other people I am with are Catholic but more open to do things. I think sometimes it persuades me
 
We had to live together for about 14 weeks due to him moving across country. I confessed it later but try and avoid if you can
 
We had to live together for about 14 weeks due to him moving across country. I confessed it later but try and avoid if you can
As I mentioned in another post, if there is some compelling reason an engaged couple has to live in the same house or apartment, might it be possible to have an older relative or friend to stay there temporarily, to eliminate the possibility of being alone together for a long period of time?

It would probably be less scandalous for this temporary guest to be an older female. Two men living together with a woman just doesn’t sound quite right.
 
It wouldn’t have been fair on my elderly mother to leave my elderly father in those circumstances. We had nobody else who would have done and he wasn’t catholic anyway. Neither was I at that point ! But I was definitely on my way
 
Living together as brother and sister is not sinful in itself. The sin consists of a. Placing yourself in temptation, and b. creating scandal for others. If neither of these apply, there is no sin.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top